TITLE

The urge to splurge

AUTHOR(S)
Sonnenburg, Beth
PUB. DATE
January 2000
SOURCE
Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2000, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p69
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Discusses why giving in to occasional cravings for food can improve one's mood and physique. Principles of a healthy eating plan; Discussion on the concept of splurging; Effects of splurging on the body; Principles of normal eating.
ACCESSION #
2558068

 

Related Articles

  • DIETS are DUMB: READ THIS & EAT.  // Dolly;Jun2006, Issue 428, p108 

    The article gives advice on developing healthy diet. Going on a diet can potentially leave you heavier and unhappier than when you started. When a diet ends and you go back to eating the same volume of food you previously did, the body then stores the extra food more readily, so it's much...

  • Final Revision Of Australian Dietary Guidelines Released. Carey, Kate // Nutridate;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, following p8 

    The article reports on the release of the revised Australian Dietary Guidelines by the National Health and Medical Research Council on March 1, 2013. It is said that the focus has shifted to healthier foods options since the last set of dietary guidelines in 2003. One of the issues suggested by...

  • Food for Thought. Pierce, Jennifer Burek // American Libraries;Oct2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p75 

    The article focuses on study on the impact of diet literature on teenagers. Among the sources telling teens and tweens how to eat, to manage their weight, and to maximize their workouts are the popular magazines that play an increasing role in young adult collections. Yet diet and exercise...

  • RACIAL AND GENDER DIFFERENCES IN WEIGHT STATUS AND DIETARY PRACTICES AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS. DeBate, Rita DiGioacchino; Topping, Marvette; Sargent, Roger G. // Adolescence;Winter2001, Vol. 36 Issue 144, p819 

    Focuses on a study which assessed the nutritional intake, weight status, and dietary practices of college students in the U.S. Racial and gender differences in nutritional status; Review of related literature; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.

  • Winning Strategy – Address Weight and Energy Intake to Improve Athletes' Performance. Beck, Marissa R. // Today's Dietitian;Nov2009, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p2 

    The article focuses on an approach to help athletes improve their performance by addressing weight and energy intake. It notes that dietitians must ensure that athletes consume adequate energy to safeguard their immune, endocrine, and musculoskeletal function and maximize the positive effects of...

  • The eat-anything diet. Anstiss, Kate // Cleo;Aug2006, p138 

    The article presents the 80/20 diet plan. Eating well 80% of the time allows room to enjoy the food you truly love--the other 20%--and still have a fabulous body. No guilt, no hunger, no deprivation. Basing your diet around low-GI foods will also help you feel fuller for longer so you will not...

  • Healthy Eating Index and obesity. Guo, X; Warden, B A; Paeratakul, S; Bray, G A // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2004, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p1580 

    BACKGROUND:: There is a continuing need to examine the relationship between diet quality and health in the population. The Healthy Eating Index (HEI) has been developed as a composite measure of diet quality by the US Department of Agriculture. OBJECTIVES:: The first objective was to use the HEI...

  • Q: I keep reading that nuts are good for health, but I also know they are high in fat and calories. If I'm watching my weight, should I be eating nuts?  // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;May2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8 

    The article provides an answer to the question of whether to eat nuts if one is watching one's weight.

  • Urban and rural differences in dietary intake, weight status and nutrition knowledge of black female students. Steyn, Nelia P; Senekal, Marjanne; Brtis, Sanet; Nel, Johanna // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Mar2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p53 

    The objective of this study was to examine dietary intake, weight status and nutrition knowledge of young black South African women in order to identify urban–rural differences. A group of 115 black female students attending a first-year pre-registration program at the University of the...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics