Temozolomide-Associated Organizing Pneumonitis
- O6-Benzylguanine suppression of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase in anaplastic gliomas. Schold Jr., S. Clifford; Kokkinakis, Demetrius M.; Chang, Susan M.; Berger, Mitchel S.; Hess, Kenneth R.; Schiff, David; Robins, H. Ian; Mehta, Minesh P.; Fink, Karen L.; Davis, R. L.; Prados, Michael D. // Neuro-Oncology;Jan2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p28
The purpose of the study was to determine the dose of O6-benzylguanine (BG) that would suppress O6-alkylguanine- DNA alkyltransferase (AGT) activity to undetectable levels in >90% of anaplastic gliomas, as measured 6 h after a 1-h BG infusion. Subjects who were scheduled for surgical resection...
- Temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;10/20/2012, Issue 1424, p47
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old man who developed Drug Reaction (or Rash) with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) syndrome following temozolomide therapy for glioblastoma multiforme.
- Bendamustine. // Reactions Weekly;6/14/2012, Issue 1410, p12
The article describes the case of a 71-year-old female patient who experienced severe cytomegalovirus reactivation while undergoing bendamustine therapy.
- Hydroxycarbamide. // Reactions Weekly;7/9/2005, Issue 1059, p13
Discusses research being done on a male patient who developed acute myocardial infarction during his long-term treatment with hydroxycarbamide for sickle cell anemia. Reference to a study by A. Fattori et al published in a 2005 issue of the journal "Hematology"; Electrocardiogram results of the...
- Extended exposure to alkylator chemotherapy: delayed appearance of myelodysplasia. Jeffrey Raizer // Journal of Neuro-Oncology;Jun2009, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p229
AbstractÂ Â Objective A case series of gliomas treated with alkylator-based chemotherapy who subsequently developed myelodysplastic syndrome (tMDS) or acute myelocytic leukemia (AML). Background Alkylator-based chemotherapy is recognized to be leukemogenic; however, it is infrequently...
- The Use of Alkylating Agents in the Treatment of Wegener's Granulomatosis. Hollander, Daniel; Manning, Robert T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug67, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p393
Presents the case of a 30-year-old man with Wegener's granulomatosis which experienced therapeutic success with the use of alkylating agents. Medical history of the patient; Side effects reported in the patient's use of prednisone; Average survival time of Wegener's granulomatosis patients;...
- Temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;1/12/2013, Issue 1434, p60
The article describes the cases of two patients with brainstem glioma and glioblastoma multiforme who developed maculopapular rash while receivinv temozolomide.
- Temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;2/25/2012, Issue 1390, p38
The article describes the cases of 15 paediatric patients with diffuse intrinsic pontineglioma (DIPG), aged between 4 and 16 years, who developed various haematological and other toxicities during treatment with temozolomide.
- Temozolomide. // Reactions Weekly;2/25/2012, Issue 1390, p39
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old woman who developed cholestasis type liver injury while receiving temozolomide for glioblastoma and later died.