Report of 255 Clinical Ethics Consultations and Review of the Literature
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT Q&As. // Medical Economics;3/18/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p66
Presents a question and answer advisory involving medical practice. Suitable charges on patients or their insurers in the negotiated rate on the laboratory work; Appropriateness of the practice bond employees to handle money; Effective ways to advertise the sale of practice.
- Update Intensivmedizin. Knapp, J.; Bernhard, M.; Hofer, S.; Popp, E.; Weigand, M.A. // Anaesthesist;May2014, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p429
No abstract available.
- Your doctor is in. Manson, Joanne E. // Glamour;Oct2005, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p128
Presents a question and answer advisory on health issues. Considerations before getting a second opinion; Necessity of second opinion; Importance of consulting other physician.
- Use of the Medical Ethics Consultation Service in a Busy Level I Trauma Center: Impact on Decision-Making and Patient Care. Johnson, Laura S.; Lesandrini, Jason; Rozycki, Grace S. // American Surgeon;Jul2012, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p735
The purposes of this study were to assess reasons for consultation of the Ethics Consultation Service for trauma patients and how consultations impacted care. We conducted a review of ethics consultations at a Level I trauma center from 2001 to 2010. Data included patient demographics, etiology...
- The development of a descriptive evaluation tool for clinical ethics case consultations. Pedersen, R.; Hurst, S. A.; Schildmann, J.; Schuster, S.; Molewijk, B. // Clinical Ethics;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p136
There is growing interest in clinical ethics. However, we still have sparse knowledge about what is actually going on in the everyday practice of clinical ethics consultations. This paper introduces a descriptive evaluation tool to present, discuss and compare how clinical ethics case...
- Consulting with male patients. Jacobi, Tillmann // GP: General Practitioner;6/12/2009, p46
The article provides information on the factors that involved in consulting male patients. It notes that consultation with man is potentially important chance to explore more aspects of their health behavior and state of health or well-being such as drinking and smoking. Moreover, to consider...
- MEWS to e-MEWS: From a Paper-Based to an Electronic Clinical Decision Support System. O'Kane, Tom; O'Donoghue, John; Gallagher, Joe; Aftab, A.; Casey, Aveline; Angove, Philip; Torres, Javier; Courtney, Garry // Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Management;2010, p301
It is now well established that many patients already in hospital can suddenly become acutely ill but experience delayed recognition of their physiological deterioration resulting in late referral to critical care or in some cases death. In recent years there has been significant growth in the...
- Nosocomial Infections and Agents Determined by Consultations in Intensive Care Unit. Büyüktuna, Seyit Ali; Turhan, Özge; Cengiz, Melike; Ramazanoğlu, Atilla; Yalçin, Ata Nevzat // Medical Journal of Trakya University / Trakya Universitesi Tip F;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p150
Objectives: We investigated nosocomial infections diagnosed via consultations with the Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology at Reanimation I-II intensive care units. Patients and Methods: Of 3750 patients hospitalized at Reanimation I-II intensive care units, 1221 patients...
- Evaluating complex interventions in End of Life Care: the MORECare Statement on good practice generated by a synthesis of transparent expert consultations and systematic reviews. Higginson, Irene J.; Evans, Catherine J.; Grande, Gunn; Preston, Nancy; Morgan, Myfanwy; McCrone, Paul; Lewis, Penney; Fayers, Peter; Harding, Richard; Hotopf, Matthew; Murray, Scott A.; Benalia, Hamid; Gysels, Marjolein; Farquhar, Morag; Todd, Chris // BMC Medicine;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background: Despite being a core business of medicine, end of life care (EoLC) is neglected. It is hampered by research that is difficult to conduct with no common standards. We aimed to develop evidence-based guidance on the best methods for the design and conduct of research on EoLC to further...