- Entrepreneurial ideas motivate women to start new businesses. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/08/98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p14
Reports on a study on women entrepreneurs released by the National Foundation for Women Business Owners (NFWBO), Catalyst and The Committee of 200. Primary reasons that women are launching new businesses; Sponsor of the study; Other findings of the study.
- Survey snapshot. // NZ Business;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the results from a survey of the members of New Zealand Women in Management Network, which provides a snapshot of women managers' business and private lives in the 1990s. Earnings; Ownership of companies; Education.
- Largest Women-Led Organizations. // Corridor Business Journal;12/13/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p6
The article lists the largest women-led organizations in Iowa based on the total number of local employees, which include the University of Iowa led by Sally Mason, Linn-Mar Community School District by Katie Mulholland, and Comfort Care Medicare Inc. by Julie Knake Tow.
- Largest Indianapolis-Area Business and Professional Women's Organizations. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/10/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p18
The article presents a list of business and professional women's organizations in Indianapolis, Indiana including Business Women Connect Inc., Healthcare Businesswomen's Association and Indy Women's Golf League.
- Women's work. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;02/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p6
Lists some career hurdles for female executives, according to Financial Women's Association of New York members in a survey.
- A fundraising cruise on dry land. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p62
Reports that members of the North Jersey Association of Female Executives went on a Caribbean cruise. Attendance of the event.
- WIM cites six for efforts to end domestic abuse. Prenon, Mary T. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p3
Highlights the awardees of the special recognition awards at the Women in Management (WIM) annual dinner held at Rye Brook, New York, headquarter of the Philip Morris Companies. Awardees include Arlene Violante Roberts; Takeia McAlister; Miriam Zanabria-Sanchez; Awardees' contribution to end...
- Calling corporate women of color. Edwards, Audrey // Essence (Essence);Nov97, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p59
Announces that Catalyst, the highly regarded non-profit research and advisory organization is looking for women of African, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander descent to participate in a landmark study. Sample of questions being asked to answer by women of color at mid- and upper levels of...
- If you don't make dust, you eat dust. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/30/98, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p70
Editorial. Highlights the results of a survey for the National Foundation for Women Business Owners, which revealed that approximately 29 percent of female professionals are leaving organizations and establishing their own companies. Reason for the move; Reference to the construction industry...