HOW TO BEAT BURNOUT
- HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO BURNOUT? McConnell, Edwina A. // RN;May81, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Presents a guide for spotting the signs of burnout in nurses and the potential stressors that lead to it. Symptoms of burnout; Types of potential stressors; How to deal with stress and head off burnout.
- Antecedents and Consequences of Burnout in Accounting: Beyond the Role Stress Model. Fogarty, Timothy J.; Singh, Jagdip; Rhoads, Gary K.; Moore, Ronald K. // Behavioral Research in Accounting;2000, Vol. 12, p31
The burnout condition of employees is a well-known phenomenon in psychology and several applied business disciplines. Despite some degree of recognition in the practice community, little explicit recognition of this topic appears to exist in the accounting literature. This paper develops the...
- HOW TO AVOID OVERWORK BURNOUT. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2694, p9
Provides tips for managers on avoiding burnout due to overworking. Amount of hours that managers spend each week on the job; Advice on prioritizing tasks; Importance of training other employees.
- The perils of performance overload. Quinn, Michael // Strad;Dec2010, Vol. 121 Issue 1448, p31
The article explores the perils of performance overload on young instrumentalists. Physiotherapist Drusilla Redma says that pressure on musicians can be severe as huge expectations are expected to them. Psychological stress experienced by young soloists is considered to be as great as physical...
- How to: avoid burnout. Thomas, Daniel // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/8/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4466, p8
This article offers tips to prevent burnout, a state of emotional exhaustion. A person who is constantly overworked and under pressure is likely to suffer a burnout. Typical symptoms include tiredness, loss of productivity, cynicism, high rates of absenteeism, interpersonal conflict, substance...
- Gaining a New Perspective Or, I Didn't Know I Was in a Rut!! Amspaugh-Corson, Linda // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Summer2005, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p53
Provides an insight to educators on what to do when they feel burned out. Need for educators to try alternative experiences; Experience as a Court Appointed Special Advocate; Feeling of being a novice again.
- Vicarious Traumatization, Secondary Traumatic Stress, and Burnout in Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Agency Staff. Baird, Stephanie; Jenkins, Sharon Rae // Violence & Victims;Feb2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p71
Provides information on a study that investigated three occupational hazards of therapy with trauma victims, vicarious trauma and secondary traumatic stress, which describe therapists' adverse reactions to clients' traumatic material and burnout, a stress response experienced in many emotionally...
- Work-related well-being of emergency workers in Gauteng. Naudé, Johannes L. P.; Rothmann, Sebastiaan // South African Journal of Psychology;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p63
The objective of this study was to assess the relationships between occupational stress, sense of coherence, burnout and work engagement of emergency workers in Gauteng and to determine whether sense of coherence moderates the effects of occupational stress on burnout and work engagement. A...
- Moderating Effects of Job Stress in Emotional Exhaustion and Feeling of Energy Relationships with Positive and Negative Behaviors: Job Stress Multiple Functions Approach. Golparvar, Mohsen; Kamkar, Manouchehr; Javadian, Zahra // International Journal of Psychological Studies;Dec2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p99
The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationships between emotional exhaustion and feeling of energy with positive and negative behavioral outcomes at workplaces with consider moderating effects of job stress among employees of an industrial organization in Esfahan, Iran. Using a...