BUILDING DIVERSITY -- IN A HARD HAT
- Margaret Garner. Stone, Emily // Crain's Chicago Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p28
The article offers information about Margaret Garner, chief executive officer of Broadway Consolidated Cos. Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. In 2005, Garner had won the contract to build the first Wal-Mart in the city. Garner, who is committed to projects that help blighted neighborhoods and provide...
- Cracks in the glass ceiling. // FM World;1/16/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the views of Katy Dowding, managing director of Skanska Facilities Services UK, on quotas for female representation in the boardroom as a contentious issue between the genders. It discusses why the rise of Dowding in Sweden's infrastructure and construction company serves as...
- Garner, Margaret Jennifer. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/20/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p1511
An obituary for doctor Margaret Jennifer Garner is presented.
- Gravitate to cost-saving quality. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/15/94, Vol. 233 Issue 7, p94
Editorial. Discusses the quality performance management system developed by the Construction Industry Institute.
- Beaton is honored as Associate of Year. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/21/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, REMODELORS COUNCIL p5C
Reports the citation of Dianne Beaton as the Associate Member of the Year by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of New Hampshire. Career history of Beaton; Responsibilities of Beaton as the marketing manager at Secondwind Water System; Membership of Beaton with the association.
- Crane awarded CBE in 2003 Honours list. // Contract Journal;1/8/2003, Vol. 416 Issue 6408, p4
Reports on construction industry executives who have been awarded in the 2003 New Year's Honour List of Great Britain. Award received by Alan Crane, chairman of Rethinking Construction; Recipients of Member of the Order of the British Empire.
- CIC, Audubon present awards. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the Construction Industry Council of Westchester and Hudson Valley Inc. and the National Audubon Society of New York State's presentation of the Sound Guardian award to three executives. Honoring of County Executive Andrew J. Spano; Awarding of a special citation to business manager...
- Seven still in running for Constructing Excellence post. // Contract Journal;6/18/2003, Vol. 418 Issue 6431, p1
Focuses on the selection of the CEO to be awarded as the 2003 Constructing Excellence jointly offered by the Construction Best Practice and Rethinking Construction organisations in Great Britain.
- Principles of business process reengineering, TQM and the learning organization. Sohmen, Victor S. // AACE International Transactions;1998, PM p03.1
Discusses the advantages on linking or integrating the three broad phases of a development project with three evolving concepts in business management. Integration of business process reengineering in the pre-project planning phase; Total quality management in the project execution phase;...