VETTING a Franchise
- Women's opportunities still out of reach. // USA Today Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 126 Issue 2635, p7
Reports on a study co-authored by Jodi S. Goodman investigating the continued problem of the so-called corporate glass-ceiling which keeps women from attaining high positions in United States businesses. Why women in top management positions are still rare; How companies with females in top...
- Company culture is for small business, too. Haimerl, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p11
The article discusses the importance of company culture even for startups and small businesses, and highlights the need for startups to have an emphasis on culture and core values as the foundation of everything else is built on.
- OUTSIDE RESOURCES: A KEY TO NEW DEVELOPMENT. Klein, Peter // Management Review;Jul85, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p36
Describes obstacles commonly encountered by companies without a track record of successful new business development. Requirements of new business development; Corporate culture and structure of successful business developers; Overview of the business development process.
- A Woman's Touch. Holbrook, Emily // Risk Management (00355593);Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p44
The article presents the study "Women at the Wheel: Do Female Executives Drive Start-up Success?" which reveals that successful start-up companies have more female executives than unsuccessful ones in the U.S. The report finds that with 10% increase in female executives at start-ups, the odds of...
- THE ENTREPRENEUR ABROAD. GOODMAN, MICHELLE // Entrepreneur;Jun2015, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p84
The article offers suggestions for establishing a business in foreign countries. Topics discussed include considering an emerging market for starting a business, investigating for quality of services including transportation, utilities and internet speed, and political and economic stability,...
- Corporate Branding for Start-ups: The Crucial Role of Entrepreneurs. Rode, Verena; Vallaster, Christine // Corporate Reputation Review;Summer2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p121
The aim of this contribution is to analyze the development of a corporate brand in the early phases of start-ups. In particular, this paper looks at processes that occur due to decisions regarding corporate culture, corporate behavior, corporate design and corporate communication. Start-ups or...
- Starting Your Business: COSTS, STRUCTURES, AND PITFALLS. Butow, Eric E. // Intercom;Dec2004, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p20
Presents ideas and fundamental considerations for starting a new business. Legal structures for businesses; Types of corporations; Guidelines for choosing a structure for business.
- Studying the Relationship between Knowledge Management and Organizational Entrepreneurship in the Department of Education in Saveh. Molaie, Ali; Hoseinzadeh, Davoud; Khosravibabadi, Aliakbar // Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management;Feb2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
In the present era, knowledge management is named as one of suitable substrates for the development of entrepreneurship in organizations. The present study is investigated the relationship between knowledge management and organizational entrepreneurship in the department of education in Saveh....
- The Secrets of the Stack. Goetz, Thomas // Inc.;Jun2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses how building the right company culture is a startup fixation with much energy spent on awesome decor and dogs-in-the-office policies. Topics discussed include startup Iodine's technology stack Node.js that uses Google Closure and Facebook React on the front end, the tools...