4 STEPS TO UNHOOKING
- Working with You Is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work. Reimer, Don // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p71
The article reviews the book "Working With You Is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself From Emotional Traps at Work," by Katherine Crowley and Kathi Elster.
- A Glimpse at the Media's Portrayal of Yoga in the First Month of the New Year. // Yoga Studies;Jan-Apr2005, p9
The article provides information on how the media portrayed yoga in January 2006. Jacqueline Soule of the Northwest Explorer refers to yoga as the latest exercise fad that gets the mind and body in touch with each other through breathing, stretching and meditation. Joanna Barros of Trinidad &...
- Enough. Sewell, Regina // Outlook: Columbus;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p18
The article presents the author's insights on how to lose the misery felt by an individual about what he do not have. The author relates an exercise wherein the person will list down 10 things that he finds desirable that he has enough of. She says that meditation, yoga, and centered breathing...
- A Balancing Act. Sovik, Rolf // Yoga International;Winter2012/2013, Issue 120, p40
The article offers information on regulating one's breath to help achieve a note of harmony between the body and the mind. The respiratory system manages to get its job done right more than 21,000 times a day. Breathing serves purposes only distantly related to our basic physiological needs....
- Teaching Restorative Yoga. McGonigal, Kelly // IDEA Fitness Journal;May2007, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p95
The article offers guidelines when designing and leading a restorative yoga class. The first factor to consider is to center oneself before a class by taking time to practice meditation, breathing or stretching gently before teaching. A second factor is providing support for the body. Giving a...
- YOGA: The essence of breath. Dizy, Jacqui // Active Living;May2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, pN7
The article offers information on the meaning of breath in yoga. Breathing is the process of taking air into and expelling it from the lungs. It is noted that one's alliance to breathing can create the space needed. Furthermore, the rhythm of breath is strongly influenced by the energies in its...
- 5 Steps to Banishing the Blues. Pigott, Theresa // Subconsciously Speaking;9/28/2012, p1
This article discusses strategies for dealing with depression. It is advised that one practice breathing exercises and meditate. It is also stated that one make a commitment to respect and love himself/herself. The benefits of seeking help from a trusted friend or a professional are described....
- Circular Breath Meditation (Still Point). Mullins, Dennis D. // Subconsciously Speaking;Aug1994, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p7
No abstract available.
- Still Point Update. // Subconsciously Speaking;Dec1994, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
No abstract available.