Telework: The Advantages and Challenges of Working Here, There, Anywhere, and Anytime
- REPORTER'S NOTEBOOK. Fluker, Anjali // Crain's Detroit Business;5/30/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p11
The article presents information on telecommuniting. Detroit-based Comerica Inc, offers employees a formal alternative work arrangement, which can include anything from flextime to a compressed workweek, crunching 40 hours into three or four days to telecommuting. The arrangements can benefit...
- How telecommuters can stay connected. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;5/30/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p142
Discusses the rising number of people working at home. Problems of staying connected with the office; Essentials of working at home; Management of remote employees; The importance of being accountable and reachable.
- Study says Valley employers could save $71.2 million. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/4/2007, Issue 323708, Special section p4
The article discusses the significant popularity of teleworking in the business industry in the U.S. Susan Bradley, a partner in the Fresno, California-based accounting firm Tamiyasu, Smith, Horn and Braun, stresses the benefits of allowing workers to conduct business away from the office....
- Would a Home Office Pay Off? Hyatt, Josh // Money;Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p59
This article focuses on home offices and whether telecommuting is beneficial. People considering working at home should decide if their temperaments are suited to telecommuting and if telecommuting is suitable for their specific job. They should decide if working at home will affect their...
- Teleworking: Is It Right for Your Organization? Bigley, Nancy // Franchising World;Aug2005, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p33
Discusses the concept of teleworking and the efforts of several companies to be creative and shift part of their workforce into teleworking. Definition and evolution of teleworking; Industrial benefits of telecommuting; Factors that should be considered in evaluating teleworking as part of an...
- Tales of Telecommuting. McCune, Jenny // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the increasing number of employees who use telecommuting according to the market research firm International Data Corp. The benefits for employers and employees of telecommuting are mentioned. Suggestions on how to convince employers to allow telecommuting and how to...
- More of Us Work Right at Home. // Working Mother;Mar2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the rise of telecommuting. Prediction that smart bosses will continue the trend; Assertion that flexibility affects how one motivates, attracts and retains employees.
- Teleworking and Coop. Philpott, Don // Homeland Defense Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses various issues and topics regarding the need to implement telecommuting in both the private and federal government sectors in the U.S. According to a study, 42% of federal information technology (IT) professionals and 27% of private sector professionals say that their top...
- Telecommuting can work for certain businesses. Bennett, Gordon // Inside Tucson Business;7/19/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 55, p21
Comments on the benefits of telecommuting. Increased productivity; Less costs in terms of maintaining an office; Office communication.