PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p49
The article presents news briefs relevant to the television and technology industry as of May 2007. Thomas Rodrigues has joined the Cable Constructors Inc.'s sales team as senior account executive. Aaron Geisel has joined Comcast's Indianapolis region as regional vice president, sales and...
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;9/3/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p12
Presents an update on two telecommunication companies as of September 3, 2001. Information on Nextel Communications' debt retirement; Comcast's plan to bypass the AT&T board regarding its bid for the broadband unit of AT&T.
- Fiber Gear Maker Connects With Comcast. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p24
Reports that Comcast is the first customer for Quantum Bridge Communications' Optical Access System. Passive optical network approach of the firm; Comments from analyst Deb Mielke of Treillage Network.
- TCI, Comcast to form joint venture in Philly, Baltimore. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/22/97, Vol. 127 Issue 39, p10
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) plan to form a joint venture with Comcast Corp. covering the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Baltimore, Massachusetts markets. Speculations on the value of the deal; TCI's dispute with Philadelphia cable operator Lenfest Communications Inc.; TCI's plan...
- SUFFERING SECTOR. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of multiple systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. as of August 2004. Number of basic subscribers lost by Comcast Corp.; Customers lost by Insight Communications Co.; Stock prices of the top MSO in the country.
- Ops still waiting for big PCS payoff. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/01/98, Vol. 128 Issue 23, p36
Reports that Tele-Communications Incorporated, Comcast Corporation, and Cox Communications Incorporated, entered a deal. Estimated value of this deal; Terms of this deal; How the deal will benefit these companies.
- Comcast, Cox join @Home. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/96, Vol. 126 Issue 25, p52
Reports on Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications' investment on Tele-Communications Inc.'s Home high-speed online access. Scheduled launching of service.
- Illinois Voters Re-Reject Muni Fiber Bid. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the second rejection of the proposed three-community municipal telecommunications overbuild by voters in Chicago, Illinois, as of November 2004. Background on a study regarding the estimated cost of the tri-city broadband initiative; Advantages of a municipal broadband operation...
- Vendor Corner:. // CableFAX Daily;4/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p2
Reports on a purchase agreement signed by Comcast for a minimal of 1.2 million Arris Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter from 2007 to 2008 in the U.S.