Cable's Firing Up More HD, Bandwidth
- L.A. STORY HELPS TIME WARNER CABLE. // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p28
The article discusses the developments attending Time Warner Cable following its joint purchase of Adelphia Communications. Spencer Wang, a media analyst from Bear Steams cited progress in the number 2 cable operator's integration in Los Angeles market. A total of 1 million additional customers...
- Getting Viewers Into VOD's Tent. Kan, Amy // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p55
The article reports on the marketing of video on demand (VOD). The author mentions that barker channels are used to advertise VOD and discusses a study of how VOD users respond to them. It found that viewers responded more positively immediately after watching barkers channel and cited too many...
- OCAP OK: Cable Touts Oct Rollout. // CableFAX Daily;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plan of the six biggest cable operators to deploy OpenCable (OCAP) in specific headends by October 2005. Implications of the plan for multi-service operators; Markets of Comcast and Time Warner Cable that will have OCAP by fall; Comment from National Cable Television...
- SIP Trunking as a Business Service. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p18
This article focuses on session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking as a business service. SIP trunking is a form of telephony service that cable operators can provide to business customers. The larger the business, the more likely it will use trunks, rather than individual lines because of the...
- Workflow integration. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p34
Suggests that the key to radio automation is that the scheduler module automatically places songs on the log based upon the song's classification, the clock in use at the time, and other parameters. Emergence of cable satellite music channels; Practice of outsourcing the origination and uplink...
- Congloms bet their bottom dollar on orphan cablers. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Variety;5/26/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the status of the cable market as of May 2003. Consolidation in the cable market; Reason for the consolidation of cable networks; Subscribers of Comcast.
- Passage Promises Big Savings. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Reports the opening of Passage cable television technology to the conditional access systems of second vendors. Savings from the technology; Significance of open standards; Negotiations with Sony, developer of the technology.
- Cable Network Directory. // Response;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Presents a cable network directory in the U.S. ABC Family Channel; Access Television Network; American Movie Classics; Auction TV; The Beauty & Fashion Channel; B Mania Television Network; Cartoon Network; Catalog TV; Chronicle DTV; CLTV; CNN; CNNFN; CNN Headline News; Colours; Comedy Central;...
- Ad negatives to Sky Plus launch. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
Comments on the launch of new cable television networks and Sky Plus upgrade, Sky Plus160. Strategic management of ITV3 and ABC1; Advantages of Sky Plus160; Features of PVR.