Equity Firm Buys Intelsat, Liberty-Dish Bid Falls Short
- Intelsat Announces Successful Launch of Intelsat 34. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Aug2015, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the announcement of space satellite service provider Intelsat S.A. that it has succesfully launched its Intelsat 34 satellite aboard the Ariane 5 vehicle from French Guiana.
- MTN chooses Intelsat EpicNG for Caribbean cruise and yacht broadband. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2013, p37
The article reports that the EpicNG high-performance, open architecture satellite platform for the cruise and yacht industry offered by Intelsat was chose by MTN Satellite Communications for its clients in the Caribbean.
- How Satellite Operators Stay Above Economic Fray. // Satellite News;11/19/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the financial success of satellite operators Inmarsat and Intelsat in the U.S. It states that the key factors to its financial success is the efficiency of its management and the maximization of its bandwidth for customers and strong support from government customers. It...
- BC Partners' Buy Of Intelsat Sparks Both Enthusiasm, Wariness. McCoy, J. J. // Satellite News;6/25/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the announcement of the purchase of a majority stake in Intelsat Ltd. by private equity firm BC Partners with other investors and its impact on the satellite communications industry. The deal involves the acquisition of approximately 76% of primary ownership of Intelsat...
- Financial Experts Optimistic On 2008. // Satellite News;2/27/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p5
An interview with financial experts Tom Watts, Cowen managing director and senior research analyst, and Eric Beaudet, Natixis Securities satellite equity analyst, is presented. When asked to assess the financial state of the satellite industry, Watts stated that in general, the industry poses...
- Changes ahead for Eutelsat. Bulloch, Chris // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p22
Reports on developments pertaining to the telecommunications companies recent to July 1999. Includes Privatization of Europe's international satellite organization; Settlement of a dispute between Astra and Societe Europeenne des Satellites. INSETS: Data transmission record.;New name in...
- ICO furthers turmoil in the satellite sector. // High Yield Report;08/09/99, Vol. 10 Issue 32, pN
Reports on the difficulties of United States satellite company ICO Global Communications in finding capital investors.
- Satellites. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p52
Expresses optimism for commercial satellite industry of the United States despite several problems it has encountered as of May 1999. Reaction of the paging industry and broadcasting sector to the in-orbit failure of PanAmSat's Galaxy IV satellite; Delay in the launches of several satellites by...
- In the box seat. Scales, Ian // Total Telecom Magazine;Aug2006, p24
The article focuses on the projects of SES and Intelsat to deliver packages of multiplexed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) channels via satellite to headends for local distribution in the U.S. Last year SES Americom launched a service called IP-Prime, a video distribution solution that...