Big Ten Net Demands Basic Tier
- Going Up Against Mother Nature. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the challenges being faced by the television subscription business of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Services offered by Comcast to customers; Information on the business operations of Comcast in Spokane, Washington; Sources of Comcast's revenue streams. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Cable TV rates to rise. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA2
Reports on the announcement made by Comcast on the increase in its cable television rates in Spokane, Washington beginning January 2005.
- Diversity Reigns in The Pacific Northwest. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p48
Reports on Comcast Corporation's cable system in Seattle, Washington. Characteristics that make Seattle stand out from the other top markets in the U.S.; Information on the Korean channel offered by Comcast; Cost of cable ads. INSETS: COMCAST;MEET THE OPERATOR;Comcast Seattle Scarborough...
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- ESPN PLAYS HARDBALL IN FEE DISPUTE. Wu, Nelson H. // Variety;12/9/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 4, p36
Reports that pay television network ESPN has threatened to pull out of the Taiwan market by December 31, 2002 if cable system operators carry out their threat to cut by almost half the fees they pay the network. Dispute between foreign cable networks and the local cable television industry;...