Big Ten Net Demands Basic Tier
- Cable TV rates to rise. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA2
Reports on the announcement made by Comcast on the increase in its cable television rates in Spokane, Washington beginning January 2005.
- Diversity Reigns in The Pacific Northwest. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p48
Reports on Comcast Corporation's cable system in Seattle, Washington. Characteristics that make Seattle stand out from the other top markets in the U.S.; Information on the Korean channel offered by Comcast; Cost of cable ads. INSETS: COMCAST;MEET THE OPERATOR;Comcast Seattle Scarborough...
- Going Up Against Mother Nature. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the challenges being faced by the television subscription business of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Services offered by Comcast to customers; Information on the business operations of Comcast in Spokane, Washington; Sources of Comcast's revenue streams. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Singapore pay-TV tender fails to attract new bids. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p5
A tender to run a second pay-TV operation in Singapore closed last month with no applications. Singapore's media regulators attributed the no-show to the market's tiny size and the current economic situation. Observers, however, noted that the Media Development Authority was also to blame for...
- Top pay-per-view events. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p44
Ranks the top pay-per-view events by category for the period covering 1990 to 1999. Categories include boxing; Wrestling and music programs; Ring sports; Telecast dates and viewership.
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistics on cable television subscribers in the city of Richmond, Virginia in 2003.
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p27
Presents data on cable television programming as of August 2002. Top 40 basic cable advertising-supported programs; Basic cable network rankings; Basic cable advertising-supported programming for adults.
- Spring Flings in New York. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 19, p16
Presents photographs of cable television industry executives and other personalities during several industry events held in New York City in 2005.