NBCU Wants Piracy Crackdown
- Is Digital TV Piracy On The Rise? Seidenberg, Steve // Corporate Legal Times;Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 165, p21
Focuses on the assessment on the rise of piracy of digital television broadcasts in the U.S. Claim of the author that there is no evidence to consumers posting a noticeable number to the Internet; Attribution of the size of high definition television files in comparison to analog files to the...
- THE CRUSH OF PIRACY. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;4/21/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that the bulldozers will be out in Russia this week as antipiracy campaigners do their bit to raise awareness of copyright theft ahead of World Intellectual Property Day. The Russian Anti-Piracy Organization will graphically illustrate the results of its long-waged war with...
- Piracy Worries Begin to Fade. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p20
The article reports that the amount of pirated TV shows appearing on peer-to-peer networks decreased, according to Big Champagne, an online media measurement firm that tracks piracy. According to Joe Fleischer, chief marketing officer for Big Champagne, the online availability of TV shows is...
- Los corsarios del entretenimiento. Rodríguez, Cynthia // Debates IESA;abr-jun2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p62
Piracy is a little known but much discussed global sickness that clearly impacts industries producing readily copied goods. After Peru, Venezuela is Latin America's leading country in motion picture piracy. National Anti-piracy Association data note that in 2005, film piracy represented 85...
- U.S., China smash piracy ring. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;8/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 20, p11
Reports that the joint investigation by U.S. and Chinese authorities into video piracy has resulted in the smashing of a global piracy ring in China. Confiscation of counterfeit movie DVDs; Piracy of intellectual property; Arrest of six people.
- PREGUNTAS con RESPUESTA. // MK - Marketing mÃ¡s Ventas;Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 261, p43
No abstract available.
- Price, Scarcity, and Consumer Willingness to Purchase Pirated Media Products. Miyazaki, Anthony D; Rodriguez, Alexandra Aguirre; Langenderfer, Jeff // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Spring2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p71
Worldwide purchases of pirated media products continue to rise despite various industry and government efforts to quell their growth. Academic research examining consumer decisions underlying the purchase of pirated media has been limited in its approach by focusing almost exclusively on...
- DOINGS DOWN UNDER. George, Sandy // Film Journal International;Oct2002, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p131
Reports on the proliferation of pirated film videos in Australia as of October 2002. Increase in arrests and seizure of pirated videos; Factors which led to the increase in the demand for pirated videos; Financial impact of film piracy on motion picture producers.
- Piracy protection. // Discount Store News;3/8/99, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p21
Discusses the threat of unauthorized distribution and piracy in the software, video and music industries. Use of watermark technology to prevent piracy; Amount of lost suffered by American movie companies due to video piracy; Need for a copy protection program for movies in digital format.