Insight Close to Selling Out
- Nashville Is in Tune With the Times. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the television (TV) broadcasting sector in Nashville, Tennessee as of March 2014. The TV market in the city has offered several newscasts at 4 in the morning, and the stations are planning to offer early morning news programs on weekends as well. The main subscription TV...
- Getting Back to Basics. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p40
Offers information on Insight Communications Co., a cable television firm serving the Midwest. Total number of its subscribers; Contributions to the industry regarding technology and services; Programming and marketing deals; Operating statistics.
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.
- Pay-per-view gaining ground 'round the Continent. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;7/18/94, Vol. 355 Issue 11, p50
Makes observations concerning pay-per-view television (PPV) in Europe. Target subscribers of French PPV Multivision; Launch of five-channel PPV service in the United Kingdom; Benelux and Scandinavia as a hotbed of interactive activity in 1995; Doldrums in PPV industry in Germany; Plan by Italy...
- Hong Kong's pay TV reform hits bumps. Hansen, Jeremy // Daily Variety;11/01/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 43, p8
Reports on developments concerning pay television in Hong Kong, China. Percentage of the population catered to by the television service; Television companies that provide pay services; Impact of political events on the status of pay television in the country.