- HUNGRY FOR INFORMATION ANNA REECE. Reece, Anna // People Management;2/23/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p55
The article reports on the results of a 2005 membership satisfaction survey released by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Results showed that a large number of CIPD members use its Web site. It mentions the strategy of CIPD to invest in technological...
- Brewing up business on the Web. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/8/96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on the results of doing business on the World Wide Web. Increase in company orders; Company exposure.
- TECH'S MESSAGE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p50
This article provides information on the 2006 HR Software Show of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development. The event's seminar programme and exhibition demonstrate how advances in technology are having a major impact on all aspects of people management and development activity. Online...
- Learning leaves the lean times behind. // People Management;5/6/2010, p8
The article reflects on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's annual human resources directors conference and exhibition held in Olympia, London on April 21-22, 2010. It highlights the growing optimism surrounding the learning and development (L&D) profession. It explores the...
- The customer led revolution will devastate business. Murtagh, Joe // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/22/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p9
The author reflects on the impact of technological innovation on business operations. He believes that technologies, including Internet and World Wide Web, will help businesses to grow, however, these technologies will also wipe out 97% of businesses on earth and create everything anew. He also...
- SPRING PARADE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p48
The article focuses on the 2006 Human Resources Department exhibition of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development being held at the Olympia in London, England from April 4 to 6. The exhibition provides important insights from leading academics and business figures and offers information...
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;10/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p9
Covers news briefs about personnel management in Great Britain as of October 2000. Findings of a survey on companies satisfied with the impact of human resource have on their firm's business strategy; Importance of a legislation to raise the quality of jobs; Contenders for the year's Chartered...
- The stakes are high but the web mustn't lose its sense of fun. Cridge, Mark // Campaign (UK);5/27/2011, Issue 21, p26
In this article the author discusses the need for continuous developments in the World Wide Web to not lose its sense of fun and to keep up with rapid technological developments in the modern day.
- Editor's message. Lee, Teresa // Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (JCHLA);Winter2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Penny Logan and Seana Collins on how things shifted since the initial stage of excitement in the use of handheld devices, one by Dean Giustini on the possibilities of Web 2.0, and one by David Rothman on blogging.