How to…manage key talent
- Premiums & Incentives: Gift certificates broaden their incentive appeal. Lawler, Ed // Advertising Age;8/26/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 35, pA12
The article focuses on gift certificates as a popular option for companies to administer premiums and incentive awards in the United States. Companies appreciate the flexibility and selection offered by a gift certificate program. Also, the variety of gift certificates available in the market is...
- Managing motivation. De Bunsen, James // Business Travel World;Jan2004 Supplement, p20
Discusses the practice of business enterprises related to giving travel incentives to their sales personnel. Reasons for giving incentives to employees; Effects of the changes in the market on the incentive budget of business enterprises; Changes in the activities in incentive trips.
- Poor reward strategies are costly for business. // Personnel Today;4/22/2008, p4
The article reports that according to the annual Employee Rewards Watch study of 755 employers, less than one-third of the companies in Great Britain have a formal employee reward strategy. The study was conducted by the firm Thomsons Online Benefits. Mobile phone operator O2 is set to launch a...
- The Leadership Cornucopia. Bryan, Richard J. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p45
The article focuses on tips which can be considered by business leaders to promote an abundance mentality in the workplace. Among the tips discussed include becoming a coach and mentor instead of being a task-oriented leader, encouraging employees to come up with creative solutions, and...
- Risk? You Can Handle It. Scofidio, Barbara // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the assurance for contingency plans and risk management for those executives having an incentive trip in the U.S. Visibility of security measures; Importance of hotel security; Identification of the amenities of the hotel with accreditation from SafePlace company.
- A perfect reward. Buchanan, Julia // Promotions & Incentives;Apr2008, p35
The article examines the kinds of rewards that are appropriate for employees with distinct personalities in the promotional marketing industry in Great Britain. It cites hypothetical employees with various interests. It highlights the recommendations of voucher specialists on the kind of...
- What's Wrong with Pay-for-Performance. Pfeffer, Jeffrey; Sutton, Robert I. // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p12
our assumptions about financial incentives are just that -- assumptions. they are usually taken on faith rather than based on evidence. the result is expensive incentive schemes that fail to produce the behavior leaders want. Managers can find ways to stop or at least reduce the problems that so...
- Berry raise the hospitality stakes. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1998, p14
Focuses on the incentive Berry company gives to its sales people who reached their sales target.
- Sip calls the tune. // Employee Benefits;Nov2001, p12
Focuses on a share incentive plan, formally known as an all employee share ownership plan (AESOP), offered by Universal Music to its staff. Comparison between AESOP and save as you earn.