Still in the pipeline
- In Practice. Marofsky, Myrna // Training & Development Journal;Jun90, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p9
Offers suggestions for training young adults. Concept of entertrainment; Short training programs; Use of video as a training tool; Characters of young employees.
- Why Johnny can't stay put. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov83, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p30
Talks about the difficulty of hiring young people. Reasons people under-30s tend to be transients.
- YOUNG WORKERS: ARE THEY GETTING WORSE? // Business Horizons;Oct78, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p41
BUSINESS HORIZONS this month enters the dispute raging nationwide over the alleged incompetence of new entrants into the work force. Do young employees really have poorer job skills and a what's-in-it-for-me attitude toward their employers, as some critics charge? Or are they not too different...
- 5 steps to find (and keep) young stars. Harnish, Verne // Fortune.com;10/15/2013, p1
A reprint is presented of an article in the publication's July 1, 2013 print issue in which the author offers opinions on employee recruitment and retention of young adults in which recommendations are offered to companies including choosing employees who fit their corporate cultures, to provide...
- Making the 'Now' Generation More Work-Happy. // Management Review;Feb73, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p36
Reports on how U.S. companies are making jobs more attractive to young people, according to Lawrence L. Steinmetz, professor of management at the University of Colorado. Examples of efforts to make younger employees more work-happy; Motivation; Evaluations of younger employees.
- Effective young employees. Weinstein, Gary // Training Journal;Feb2015, p17
The article states that young graduates lack soft skills after graduating from university or further education colleges (FECs), focusing on what skills are missing. Topics include how universities, FECs and businesses can teach and support such skills; a chart listing types of skills and why...
- Want to get in act. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p27
Reports on the survey conducted by Peter D. Hart Research Associates of young working adults' perceptions on their jobs in the United States.
- Employment and young people. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;7/1/2013, Issue 82, p8
The article informs that Baroness Shephard, chairman of the Association of Conservative Peers, made a proposal in the House of Lords of the parliament of Great Britain regarding preparation of young people for workplace to enable them to realise their aspirations. It also informs that according...
- Education and Vocational Training. The Employment of Young People. // Eastern European Economics;Winter/Spring66, Vol. 4 Issue 2/3, p36
Focuses on the employment of young people. Impact of technological progress on the composition of employment with regard to worker qualifications; Educational level of the population and socio-economic development; Problems of employing young people.