- Felicidade no Trabalho: RelaÃ§Ãµes com Suporte Organizacional e Suporte Social. Paschoal, Tatiane; Torres, Cláudio V.; Porto, Juliana Barreiros // RAC - Revista de AdministraÃ§Ã£o ContemporÃ¢nea;nov2010, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1054
No abstract available.
- DILBERT. ADAMS, SCOTT // Computer Weekly;12/13/2016, p31
The comic strip "Dilbert" is presented.
- LOCUS OF CONTROL AND WELL-BEING AT WORK: HOW GENERALIZABLE ARE WESTERN FINDINGS? Spector, Paul E.; Cooper, Cary L.; Sanchez, Juan I.; O'Driscoll, Michael; Sparks, Kate; Bernin, Peggy; Bossing, Andre; Dewe, Philip; Hart, Peter; Lu, Luo; Miller, Karen; De Moraes, Lucio Renault; Ostrognay, Gabrielle M.; Pagon, Milan; Pitariu, Horea D.; Poelmans, Steven A.Y.; Radhakrishnan, Phani; Russinova, Vesselina; Salamatov, Vladimir; Salgado, Jesus F. // Academy of Management Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p453
Managers from 24 geopolitical entities provided data on work locus of control, job satisfaction, psychological strain, physical strain, and individualism/collectivism. The hypothesis that the salutary effects of perceived control on well-being are universal was supported because relations of...
- JOB SATISFACTION: A CASE STUDY WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO EMPLOYEES IN TIRUMALA MILK PRODUCTS PRIVATE LIMITED. RAO, PATCHA BHUJANGA // CLEAR International Journal of Research in Commerce & Managemen;Jun2015, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p18
Research has been conducted in order to critically evaluate and examine the level of employees' satisfaction among the employees of Tirumala Milk Products Private Limited. The purpose of this study is also to observe and analyze the factors which create job satisfaction especially among the...
- Giving employees something they can't buy with a bonus check. Mullich, Joe // Workforce Management;Jul2004, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on the two-day vacation bonus given by Procter & Gamble (P&G) to its employees in March 2004. Reason for giving the vacation bonus; Effect of the bonus on employee morale and company sales; Information on the financial performance of P&G as of May 2004.
- Job Values in Today's Workforce: A Comparison of Public and Private Sector Employees. Karl, Katherine A.; Sutton, Cynthia L. // Public Personnel Management;Winter98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p515
Suggests that workers in the 1990s place the highest value on good wages and job security. Comparison to employee attitudes of the 1970s and 1980s; Comparison of public and private sector workers; Suggestion that employers need to keep in touch with current employee values in order to design...
- Organisational Pressure on Quality-of-Worklife of Academic and Non- Academic Women Workers in Tertiary Institutions in Lagos State, Nigeria. Ogunsanya, Mobolaji; Olorunfemi, Adebisi // Journal of Studies in Education;Aug2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p92
An approach to motivation in the contemporary world of work is the implementation of Quality-of-Worklife (QWL) programmes, which is aimed at easing the pressures faced at work by employees. Quality-of-Worklife is a relatively new concept in human resource management. It is a philosophy of...
- The Relation between Human Resource Management (HRM) Strategies and Job Loyalty as Practiced at the Public Relations (PR's) Units in the Government Ministries of Jordan. Al-Khasawneh, Akif Lutfi // Journal of Management Research;Jul2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p146
This study investigates the relation between human resource management strategies (selection, training, evaluation, safety & security, and motivation) as practiced at the public Relations department in the Government Ministries of Jordan and job loyalty (job). The study employed the...
- Keeping the best: 11 ways to retain key talent in 2013. Scott, Dow // HR Specialist;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
The article offers tips on how to retain potential employees in work environment. Suggestions include deciding which employees and skills are crucial to the success of the company, monitoring job satisfaction, and finding out why employees leave. Other recommendations include compensating...