Museums Association widens diversity
- Sign here, please. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;May93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p9
Reports on Harbor Homes' Signs-in-a-Second,' a program that will help reduce the high level of unemployment among people with mental disabilities in New Hampshire. Assistance given by Digital Equipment Corp. on the program; Statement of Agency Director Peter Kelleher about one of the immediate...
- Leonard Cheshire drive targets marketers. // Marketing Week;5/27/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Reports that the British charity for the disabled Leonard Cheshire will launch a campaign to encourage advertisers to feature more disabled people in their campaigns. Participation of Shannon Murray in the campaign; Development of the campaign by FCA; Budget for the campaign.
- Tapping a Unique Labor Pool. Burman, Allan V. // Government Executive;Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p84
Focuses on the nonprofit Fairfax Opportunities Unlimited's (FOU) partnership with the federal government in providing employment to people with disabilities in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Legislative framework which gave rise to the FOU program; Contracts of the FOU with various agencies;...
- Handicapped Employees. // Training & Development Journal;Oct67, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p23
Describes examples of handicapped employees in the U.S.
- Tips to Accommodate the Underutilized. // Workforce (10928332);Dec99, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p32
Talks about the employment problems of Americans with disabilities. Social barriers to joining the workforce; Business objections to hiring American with disabilities; Tips to employers who want to hire and evaluate potential employees with disabilities.
- Recognizing Abilitl) in Disability. Goodridge, Kyle // Profiles in Diversity Journal;May/Jun2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p79
The article reports that labor force participation for people with disabilities is lower than that for persons with no disability.
- Labor force participation of recently disabled adults. Steinberg, Edward // Monthly Labor Review;Apr76, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p45
Examines labor force participation of disabled adults in the United States. Classification of the disabled adults; Percentage of severely disabled men and women in the labor force.
- Integrating qualified workers with disabilities into the work force. Carney, Nell C. // American Rehabilitation;Spring91, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the inclusion of qualified workers with disabilities in the work force of the United States. Establishment of the State/Federal Rehabilitation Program; Factors that contribute to the inclusion of qualified workers with disabilities in all vocations; Opportunities for qualified workers...
- October Is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. // ASHA Leader;10/22/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p10
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has issued a proclamation recognizing the talents and dedication of disabled American workforce. Societal participation by disabled persons.