Cardiff council gets flexible
- Flexible working hours. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1315, p131
Reports on the implementation of the Flexible Working Regulations 2002 in Great Britain. Provisions of the regulation; Jurisdiction over complaints for employer breach; Requirements for employees availing of flexible working policy.
- Clinton for flex time. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p27
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's flexible time proposal.
- Council revamps flexible working. // Personnel Today;6/3/2003, p7
Nottingham City Council in England has introduced a new flexible working policy in a bid to boost staff recruitment and retention and reduce traffic in the city centre. The policy has been developed following a six-month, Â£80,000 pilot scheme involving approximately 50 staff from across the...
- Council bans all smoking at work. Keefe, Jenny // Employee Benefits;Feb2005, p08
Reports that Southampton City Council has outlawed smoking during working hours as part of an anti-smoking drive. Overview of the smoking policy; Healthy working initiative of the public sector organization; Responses from employees; Launching of quitters' groups for employees trying to avoid...
- Lemon Grove: City Fired Up About Union Deal. Mowad, Michelle // San Diego Business Journal;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the call of City Manager Graham Mitchell in Lemon Grove, California for the City Council to adopt a new labor agreement between the city and the local association of firefighters. Local 2728 of the International Association of Fire Fighters has served the city. The...
- Carers to get flexi working time. // Learning Disability Today;Dec2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that British Employment Relations Minister Jim Fitzpatrick announced that carers will now have the right to request flexible working hours. The new definition of carers will mean that 2.6 million carers are eligible to apply for flexible working hours from their employers....
- Flexible working: does size matter? // People Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p7
This article reports on the concerns of businesses in Great Britain about measures requiring them to offer flexible working to parents of children aged up to 16. The case of KPMG shows the ease with which large firms can adapt to individual requirements. Meanwhile, the Federation of Small...
- in brief. Wigham, Ross // Employers Law;May2004, p4
Presents news briefs on labor regulations in Great Britain as of May 2004. Disapproval of Scotland to implement rolled-up holiday pay; Request made by a charity for flexible work of employees; Views of business leaders on ageism.
- Wie weit trï¿½gt das Polder-Modell? Flexicurity und atypische Beschï¿½ftigungsformen in den Niederlanden. Jongerius, Agnes // Zeitschrift fï¿½r Sozialreform;2010, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p431
The article discusses the concept of "flexicurity" as it has been applied in the Netherlands' industrial relations. The concept is used in the context of the regulation of atypical employment embedded in the "Flexibility and Security Law of 1999" that sought to combine job and employee security...