- The Relative Age Effect and Under-21 Irish Association Football: A Natural Experiment and Policy Recommendations. BUTLER, DAVID; BUTLER, ROBERT // Economic & Social Review;Winter2015, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p511
A relative age effect refers to the presence of a bias towards relatively older children assembled collectively within a selection year. We consider this in association football (soccer) for Republic of Ireland under twenty-one international footballers over two intervals: from November 1981 to...
- Jordan striker ill after bungle in Melbourne. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);1/15/2015, p16
The article reports on the allegation of the Jordanian Football Association that striker Ahmad Hayel was mistreated during a doping test after they lost against Iraq in the Asian Cup held in January 2015.
- I-League likely from Sept. 15. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);6/16/2013, p1
The article reports on the beginning of new season of I-League of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) from September 15, 2013. Topics discussed include delay in the starting of new season due to participation of India in South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championships in Kathmandu,...
- SUMMARY OF THE NZR AND NZRPA COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT 2013 - 2015. // NZ Rugby World;Sep/Oct2013, Issue 162, p86
The article presents the summary of the collective bargaining agreement that was signed by the New Zealand Rugby and the New Zealand Ruby Players' Association for 2013-2015. The changes in the Super Rugby contracting process include the power of Super Rugby (SR) teams to choose an additional...
- Risdale warns of 'meltdown.' // Sports Marketing (14608359);Nov2001, Issue 76, p3
Discusses the financial dispute between the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) and the Football Association (FA) Premier League. Details of the proposal of PFA; Claims of the FA Premier League regarding the proposal of PFA; Effect of the dispute on the game of football.
- Correction. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/11/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 50, p9B
A correction to the article regarding Burnet Youth Football League (BYFL) of Bertram, Texas is presented.
- Merger plan gains speed. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);9/1/2015, p13
The article reports that the All India Football Federation (AIFF) is planning to merge the football leagues in India such as the I-League and the Indian Super League (ISL).
- Footballers' union seeks sponsor deals. // Marketing Week;10/22/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Announces the launching of a sponsorship scheme by the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) in 1998. Overview of the program; Number of members of PFA; Two sponsors signed by the association.
- Chevrolet adds Liverpool to sponsorship roster. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/25/2012, p8
The article reports on a sponsorship deal signed by Chevrolet with the Liverpool Football Club.