IFC Film Fest to Tour Comcast Markets
- IFC IN FEST, VOD SYNERGY. COX, GORDON // Daily Variety;9/15/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 51, p5
The article offers information on the alliance between IFC Films' genre label IFC Midnight and Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas to screen four IFC Midnight pickup films at the festival and making them simultaneously available through video on demand.
- IFC nabs 'Novo' as fest gets quiet. Lyons, Charles; Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;9/12/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 72, p16
Reports the distribution rights acquired by IFC Films for the film 'Novo' in Toronto, Ontario. Acquisition activities at the International Film Festival; Directorial role of Jean-Pierre Limosin in the film; Negotiation of IFC with Celluloid Dreams.
- IFC Films adds 3 exec for Sundance. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;01/18/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 34, p9
Reports on IFC Films' hiring of three executives for the Sundance Film Festival. Robert Schwartz as market and distribution vice president; Greg Forston, sales vice president; Sarah Lash, director of acquisitions.
- 'DOGS' DAYS OF SUMMER. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;3/13/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 11, pR6
This article features an advertising campaign for the IFC Pulp Month by the Independent Film Channel (IFC). The term pulp refers to the type of cheap paperbacks that inspired the title of director Quentin Tarantino, IFC defines the film genre as anything with an offbeat point of view. The...
- FOX'S 'SUNSHINE' BUOYS. LaPorte, Nicole; Fritz, Ben // Variety;9/11/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 4, p6
The article announces the earnings of the independent film Little Miss Sunshine which was featured at the 2006 Sundance film festival. The success of the film also represents a comeback of sorts for Fox Searchlight, which after leaving other specialty labels behinds in 2004 with hits such as...
- Sundance '04: Pure 'Dynamite' Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;2/2/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p63
Looks back at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival. Motion pictures which were received positively including "Napoleon Dynamite."
- IFC pickpockets 'Robbed' before Cannes. Goldstein, Gregg // Hollywood Reporter;4/28/2008, p6
The article reports on the final negotiations of the IFC Entertainment in the U.S. to pick up the film "The Pleasure of Being Robbed". It states that the film written and directed by Joshua Safdie is selected for the Directors' Fortnight section. Also, it is selected as an entry for the 2008...
- IFC bows genre label. Cannes, Pamela McClintock // Daily Variety;5/12/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the launch of IFC Films' IFC Midnight label to showcase international genre cinema in the U.S.
- Indies in day-date game. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/28/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that Comcast Corp. and IFC Entertainment are set to announce a deal today that will ensure simultaneous distribution for independent films in select theaters and video-on-demand. The independent drama "American Gun" will he the first title to get day-and-date treatment, on...