TWC Prunes Analog on Staten Island, N.Y
- Ads for HD Can Be In DirecTV's Future. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p7
The article reports that a U.S. federal judge has denied Time Warner Cable's request to impose an injunction barring DirecTV from running its "Back to the Future" advertisements. The disputed commercials feature actor Christopher Lloyd, who played mad scientist Dr. Emmett Brown in the 1985...
- Time Warner testing S-A's 'digital overlay.' // CED;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p14
Reports on Time Warner Cable's testing of a technology from Scientific-Atlanta Inc. (S-A) that enables S-A digital boxes to operate on cable systems based on Motorola Broadband's MediaCipher conditional access platform; Description of the S-A digital overlay.
- TV on the PC Gets Real. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 32, p21
Deals with the launching of Time Warner Cable's trial which has given broadband subscribers in San Diego, California access to cable television channels on their computers, in August 2005. Aim of the move; Plan if the trial proves to be successful; Challenge faced by the company.
- DirecTV drops false-ad suit. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/30/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 61, p4
Reports on the decision of News Corp.'s satellite television service DirecTV Inc. to withdraw a false-advertising lawsuit against EchoStar Communications Corp. in Los Angeles, California.
- AT CABLE'S BATTLE PLAN FOR THE FUTURE. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on Next Generation Network Architecture LLC (NGNA), a project being helmed by Comcast Cable, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable. NGNA's release of a Request for Information (RFI), which reveals how multisystems operators might approach the all-digital transition; Deadline set for...
- Policing the Pigs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/9/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the tests made by Time Warner Cable Inc. and Comcast Corp. to deal with the small percentage of broadband subscribers who consume the vast majority of capacity on their networks in the U.S. Time Warner is experimenting with a financial stock that would represent a...
- Time Warner Shuffle. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. has officially launched its 15-channel family tier in the U.S.
- TW ENTERS THE GAME. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/28/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the creation of cable television for sports broadcasting by Time Warner Cable Inc. in New York City. Features of the cable television; Television channels included on the cable television; Price in subscribing the cable television.
- Time Warner Cable Premieres On Demand Original Talk Series Highlighting Successful African Americans. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;10/26/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p13
The article presents information on the launch of a talk show "Born to Shine" to be broadcasted by Time Warner Cable Inc.