'Big Love' Effort Rolls Out Mock Products
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;11/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p29
The article offers news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. in 2010. Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) has announced the end of its television programs "Big Love" and "Entourage" in 2011. Syfy has terminated its television series "Caprica" due to poor ratings. Scripps Networks...
- KUDOS CONGRUITY. Schneider, Michael; Levine, Stuart; Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;7/12/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the number of Emmy nominations received by broadcast television networks as compared to cable networks. The authors notes that programs broadcast on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) network such as "Modern Family" and "Dancing With the Stars" received nominations....
- HBO going, going... Santo, Brian // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses how the cable television network HBO is losing business by not offering its HBO Go channel as a straight-up service and contends that many consumers do not want to subscribe to both a pay television service and to HBO.
- Television. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/17/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 9, p66
Cites developments related to television broadcasting industry, as of July 17, 2001. Plan to develop original series by Nick at Nite and TV Land; USA Network's negotiation for 13 episodes of 'Mystery Mansion,' a reality series with a million dollar prize; Original programming by Home Box Office.
- Boxing Still Key at HBO After Shakeup. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p38
Reports on pay-per-view boxing programming strategy of Home Box Office Inc. and TVKO in the United States. Executive changes at the two companies; Promotions in the two companies.
- HBO: DIGITAL TO THE MAX. Prikios, Karen Anderson // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p72
Focuses on the digital television strategy of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Offering of the multiplex package HBO/Max Pak; Combining of HBO's original programming with Cinemax's movie offerings under a single, comprehensive service.
- HBO's Midlife Crisis. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p38
The author asserts that HBO is in a slump and the demise of its TV series, The Sopranos, will only make matters worse for its programming in the U.S. He criticizes the seven-month delay for the final eight shows of The Sopranos, despite it being one of the best scripted dramas on TV. By delaying...
- Exclusive: ESPN Leads With 11 'Vision'Nods. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p13
The article lists the cable television networks which have been nominated for the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMC) Vision Award including ESPN, HBO and AMC Networks.
- Cable coin key for title wave. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p51
Focuses on the prevalence of cable television companies investing in independent films in the U.S. Partnership of Home Box Office Inc. with Fine Line Features for the distribution of independent films; Citations of the films financed by Showtime; Increase in the independent film programming on...