FORTY UNDER FORTY
- Profile: Walking the walk at TVB's corridors of stardom. Li, Benjamin // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/24/2007, p107
The article profiles Stephen Chan, general manager of broadcasting at Hong Kong, China's terrestrial broadcaster TVB Hong Kong. Chan spent two years in radio before making the switch to TVB. Chan says that TVB's position in the Hong Kong market, where growth prospects are minimal, has always...
- MTV Touts Specials, Rebrands College Net. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the spring and summer 2004 programming and promotional initiatives of MTV and its move to rebrand College Television Network as mtvU. Details of the television programs to be shown at MTV; Programs to be featured at mtvU as part of its rebranding efforts; Information on the...
- Nets Make Party Plans. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;12/8/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the plans of television networks in the U.S. for the 2004 new year's celebrations. Information on the program of ABC network; Sponsors of MTV channel; Audience share of several TV networks in 2003.
- ELECTRIC AVENUES. // Billboard;9/2/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 35, p48
The article presents a guide to platforms of MTV Networks. The following MTV channels are seen in the U.S.: MTV, MTV2, MTV World, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTVU, MTV Puerto Rico and MTV TR3S. Digital and mobile platforms are: MTV.com, MTV Overdrive, MTV Ãœber, MTV Wireless, MTV Mobile on MTV.com,...
- In Big D, It's Huge. Chunovic, Louis // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p23
Discusses the decline in ratings of television station WFAA in Dallas-Ft. Worth. Reason for the decline according to Kathy Clements, president of WFAA; Competitors of the station.
- For Kids or Adults--It's Still Programming. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p41
Features Rich Ross, president of entertainment at cable network Disney Channel. Reputation in the field of television broadcasting; Contributions to the operational success of Disney Channel; Background in cable programming.
- Spotlight On...Rich Goldfarb Senior VP, Media Sales,
National Geographic Channel. Bürgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/26/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p27
Profiles Rich Goldfarb, senior vice president of media sales of the National Geographic Channel. Career background; Affiliation of Goldfarb with several television networks; Details of the new episodes of the National Geographic.
- Casbaa college to open in Singapore. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;12/12/2003, p41
The article reports that the Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) will start a media college in Singapore to train sales and marketing executives in the pay-TV industry in the city. The college will start operations early next year. The course is open to both members and...
- Buffalo Soldiers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/13/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the success of the news programs of WIVB in Buffalo, New York. It states that WIVB has been dominating the ratings of news programs, posting a 12 household rating per 22 share in March 2009. It is discussed that a May 2009 win in ratings would mark nine straight years for...