Starz Is Rewarding Reps
- Salesperson: rep(tile) or hero and provider? Meredith, Brian H. // NZ Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p63
The article describes the role that salespeople play in their companies. Cases in point are presented to represent how salespersons represent their organizations. It is stated that many organizations possess poor recruitment and training practices for salespeople. The job of a salesperson is to...
- Starz to Offer Web Movies. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;1/8/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plans of Starz Entertainment Group to offer movies on a download-to-own basis. The company is following the legalized Napster subscription model, offering unlimited downloads from its collection. Bonus features that are offered by Starz are mentioned together with its...
- BRAND EXTENSIONS. // Circulation Management;Apr2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
Presents news briefs on the media industry as of April 2006. Partnership of VNU's The "Hollywood Reporter" with Starz Entertainment Group and Sandra Carter Global to produce "Starz The Hollywood Reporter"; Introduction of searchfinance.com, a vertical search engine and directory for chief...
- VONGO GOES MOBILE. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;6/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the partnership between Web-based video-on-demand service Vongo and Toshiba America Consumer Products to deliver Hollywood movies to portable entertainment devices manufactured by Starz Entertainment Group.
- 20 tips on becoming a top performer. Graham, John R. // Business Journal (Central New York);07/23/99, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p21
Provides tips on how salespersons can improve their sales performance. Focus on customer service; Establishment of a personal style and unique identity; Constant market prospecting; Understanding changes in the selling environment and customers' preferences.
- Elements of persuasion. McCarthy, John J. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb2000, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p52
Part II. Suggests that the salesperson be able to identify the customer's product or service needs and/or any problems he is facing as a technique in selling. Need to be careful when offering an improved product especially when the previous equipment has been sold by the salesperson; Need to...
- After The Sale--What Really Happens To Customer Service. Urbaniak, Anthony J. // American Salesman;Feb2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p14
Provides information on customer service strategies. Role of sales personnel in providing customer services; Ways to engage in suggestion selling; Common customer-related problems after the sale; Objectives of customer follow-up methods.
- The Fine Art of Selling. Leday, III, Andrie // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p24
The article presents the author's insights on selling, which is the act to persuading or influencing action. He looks at selling as an art form to be held in high regard such as sculpting, ballet, and opera. He believes that the art of selling requires dedication to continually study a product,...
- Right ways to say you're wrong. Dee, David // Sell!ng;May2001, p13
Presents tips for salespeople on handling customer complaints. Sources of customer dissatisfaction; How companies usually deal with complaints; Steps in dealing with unfounded customer complaints.