HBO Revs Up New Event
- Fun(d)-raiser: The Cleveland 500 Foundation makes the race a charity affair. Melilli, Denise // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/5/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, Cleveland's IndyCar Guide pC12
Ascribes the fund-raising activities of the Indianapolis 500 of Cleveland to their respective sponsors and targeted charitable institutions for the proceeds. Cleveland 500 Foundation; EDS and Buick; American Red Cross; LDI Computer Superstore; Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland; Roulston...
- Danica mania hits eBay for charity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the help offered by Panther Racing to raise money for charity by placing Danica Patrick's broken front wing from the 89th Indianapolis 500 up for auction on eBay. Beneficiary of the fund raising; Plan of Rahal-Letterman Racing general manager Scott Roembke to have Patrick sign the...
- End-of-season charity cup for Fiesta series. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;7/22/2009, p10
The article reports on the initiation of a charity cup competition by Ford Fiesta Championship chiefs to raise money for the Help for Heroes charity at the Brands Hatch race circuit in England. The chiefs wanted businesses and industries to sponsor cars in the series for final rounds of the...
- Charity co-ordinator still on hunt for cars. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;7/22/2009, p15
The article reports on the search for automobile racing drivers by charity coordinator Brian Neale to participate in a charity event on August 2, 2009 in Bruntingthorpe, Great Britain. It is noted that Neale already recruited 24 drivers to offer passenger rides to raise money for children, but...
- Brown to raise funds for charity at home. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;3/11/2009, p18
The article reports on the plan of automobile racing driver Stevie Brown to raise funds to support the charity Cash for Kids in Aberdeen, Scotland. It notes that Brown will raise fund through a text messaging service during the Hankook Scottish Championship to be held on April 25, 2009. Brown...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Tavis Smiley Hosts Celebrity Benefit Gala For His National Foundation. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p14
Discusses a celebrity benefit called 'Salute to Youth Leadership' to support the Tavis Smiley Foundation.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.