HBO Revs Up New Event
- Fun(d)-raiser: The Cleveland 500 Foundation makes the race a charity affair. Melilli, Denise // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/5/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, Cleveland's IndyCar Guide pC12
Ascribes the fund-raising activities of the Indianapolis 500 of Cleveland to their respective sponsors and targeted charitable institutions for the proceeds. Cleveland 500 Foundation; EDS and Buick; American Red Cross; LDI Computer Superstore; Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland; Roulston...
- End-of-season charity cup for Fiesta series. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;7/22/2009, p10
The article reports on the initiation of a charity cup competition by Ford Fiesta Championship chiefs to raise money for the Help for Heroes charity at the Brands Hatch race circuit in England. The chiefs wanted businesses and industries to sponsor cars in the series for final rounds of the...
- Charity co-ordinator still on hunt for cars. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;7/22/2009, p15
The article reports on the search for automobile racing drivers by charity coordinator Brian Neale to participate in a charity event on August 2, 2009 in Bruntingthorpe, Great Britain. It is noted that Neale already recruited 24 drivers to offer passenger rides to raise money for children, but...
- Brown to raise funds for charity at home. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;3/11/2009, p18
The article reports on the plan of automobile racing driver Stevie Brown to raise funds to support the charity Cash for Kids in Aberdeen, Scotland. It notes that Brown will raise fund through a text messaging service during the Hankook Scottish Championship to be held on April 25, 2009. Brown...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.
- NHBR about town. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p15
Photographs of several notable people in New Hampshire who attended different fund raising events and received various awards from organizations in the state are presented.
- Area businesses, CDPHP raise $23,000 for food bank. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/13/2003-1/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the donation given by Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) Inc. to the Regional Food Bank in northeastern New York. Funds generated by CDPHP for the donation.