Comcast Plugs Into Indie TV
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p29
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Server launched by video-on-demand vendor nCube; High definition transmission of the Super Bowl by Comcast Cable; Number of customers of Vonage.
- Comcast Begins Big VOD Push. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the promotional campaign of cable operator Comcast for its video-on-demand service in the U.S. in 2003. Areas where the service is offered; Number of hours of on-demand content offered by Comcast; Information on the content agreements secured by Comcast.
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p2
Presents news briefs concerning cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 2006. Recruitment of new regional employees at Comcast; Prize package received by Maria Jackson from Time Warner Cable San Antonio.
- Say bye-bye to your Blockbuster. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by cable television networks on the video retail business. Advantages of the service to viewers; Expectations of the cable television officials from the VOD service; Shortcomings of the service; Challenges faced by video retail...
- The Northern network. Levine, Shira // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on Canada-based cable television operators' applications for the approval of video-on-demand (VOD) licenses. View of cable operators about VOD services; Consideration of VOD as a broadcasting service; Need for cable companies to deliver better services than those offered by wireless...
- getting in the GAME. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on video on demand (VOD) products for the cable industry. Comcast's VOD platforms that could support about 450 hours of content; Concept of separating the streaming from the storage; InfoValue Computing Inc.'s software platform, called QuickVideo OnDemand. INSET: nCUBE opens up.
- VOD COMING ASHORE IN A SMALL CITY NEAR YOU? // CED;Aug2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p20
Focuses on implications of technological developments on the availability of video-on-demand (VOD) systems for small cable operators in the United States. Impact of the distributed VOD architecture on independent operators; Assessment of systems specifications and cost; Effect of the...
- Basic Nets Play VOD Card, Move Forward with Trials . Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p35
Focuses on the trend among United States cable television companies of moving forward with video-on-demand (VOD) trials. Intended purpose for cable television providers' decision to enter the VOD arena; Overview on the VOD trials conducted by various industry players; Potential advantages of...