Baseball Starts Off Hot in Ratings
- ESPN Breaks Ice With Baseball. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p4
Reports on a cable television rights agreement signed by Major League Baseball with sports cable operator ESPN. Implications of the agreement for Comcast's Outdoor Life Network; Terms of the agreement; Average household rating of ESPN with its baseball telecasts in 2005.
- Baseball's Challenge. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p8
Reports that the Major League Baseball faces a formidable test of competing for viewers against the television networks' season premieres, and presidential and vice presidential debates in October 2000. Television ratings for the American League divisional playoffs; Event that have the most...
- Youth is served by baseball. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;9/30/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on the ratings performance of Major League Baseball games telecast. Decline in ratings due to competition with football; Percentage of teenagers attracted to the games; Factors attributed for the rise in the youth demographic.
- All-Star Game fouls out with Nielsens. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/17/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the rating of the television broadcasting of the All-Star Game of the Major League Baseball in the U.S. as of July 2003. Average number of viewers garnered by the show; Impact of advertising on the show's rating; Comparison between the rating of the show and the rating National...
- Yankees-Angels playoff brings viewers to plate. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/4/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 88, p1
Reports on the television ratings for the October 2, 2002 Major League Baseball game between the Anaheim Angels and the New York Yankees. Figures released by Nielsen; Coverage of the game by Fox; Comparison with viewership figures for the October 3, 2002 game between the two teams.
- Fox draws crowd for Yankees win. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/10/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the ratings received by television sports programs covering the Major League Baseball division playoff series in the United States for the week of October 10-16, 2000. Overnight ratings received for Fox Broadcasting's coverage of the New York Yankees' American League Championship...
- Fox, ESPN Post Ad Sales Gains for MLB Telecasts. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/10/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the increase in advertising sales posted by Fox and ESPN for the telecasts of Major League Baseball as of April 2006. According to Fox officials, games are about 80 percent sold out compared to 50 percent at the same period in 2005. Factors that contributed to the increase...
- Viewers tune in for NASCAR season finale. // North Texas Automotive Report;Jan2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the television program "Chase for the Sprint Cup" finale picked up and earned 4.0 viewers rating on ESPN for the November 20, 2011 automobile racing in Homestead, Florida.
- ESPN, Football Sack the Ratings - Again. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p18
The article reports that ESPN is leading the primetime competition during the week from September 25 to October 1, 2006 in the U.S. According to an analysis by Disney ABC Cable Network on Nielsen Media Research data, ESPN collected an average of 2.8 household rating to beat USA Network and...