Rates Aren't Smaller in Texas
- Oakland Will Solicit Possible Overbuilds. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p30
Announces that the city officials of Oakland, California, is encouraging more cable television operators to compete in the city. Effort to lure RCN Corp. or Seren Innovations Inc.; Plans of AT&T Broadband to upgrade its system in Oakland; Prospect of greater competition to extract greater...
- Cable" The Numbers Game. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p18
Presents an update on the competition of several cable networks in the U.S. as of July 12, 2004. List of cable networks ranked as most-watched; List of cable networks with more than 1 million viewers; Average number of viewers of TNT network.
- Not much elbow room for cablers. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;6/11/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the unusually large number of television shows debuting on cable networks in the United States during the summer of 2007. It is estimated that 33 series will compete for an audience, which is expected to result in the cancellation of many shows which might have survived in...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- HOT SPOTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p24
Highlights several developments in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of February 24, 2003. Information on several broadcasting campaigns being carried out in the month; Highlights of main accounts procured by advertising agencies; Activities being done by Cabletelevision Advertising...
- Call 'Em the May 'Squeaks' Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the competition among several cable television networks to target adult audience ranging in the age group of 18-49 in the United States. Statistics related to performance and ratings of several cable television networks; Decline in the viewership of cable television network NBC;...
- Networks Get Busy in a Crowded Market. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increasing competition of cable television networks in the U.S. to get their share of the female audience. Women account for over 50 percent of the population and they represent major purchasers in most households. Niche programming continues to attract advertisers...
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- LATV Makes Leap to National Stage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p42
Reports on the launch of LATV, a programming service for young Latinos, as a 24-hour, satellite-delivered cable network service in the U.S. in December 2003. Description of its programs; Number of viewers reached by LATV; Competitors.