NCTA: Let Cable Bid on Broadcast Spectrum
- UWB Forum Surpasses 50 Members. // Electronic News;7/19/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 29, pN.PAG
Reports on the growing membership in the Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Forum, as of August 2004. Efforts of the UWB to support IEEE P802.15, a wireless personal area network standard; Implications of an increase in membership in the organization for the broadband communication industry; Expectations on...
- BIG puts pressure on BT over DataStream product. // New Media Age;11/27/2003, p4
Reports that Broadband Industry Group (BIG) has accused BT of offering a cumbersome wholesale broadband product called DataStream. Members of the group; Demands of (BIG); Complaints against DataStream.
- Adapt or adapt: lessons for strategy from the US telecoms industry. Eunni, Rangamohan V.; Post, James E.; Berger, Paul D. // Journal of General Management;Autumn2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p83
This article relates performance differentials between the most and least adaptive firms in the telecommunications equipment industry in the U.S. The telecommunication equipment industry is one of the fastest growing industries today. With the growth of the Internet, convergence between video,...
- upfront. // CED;Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p8
Reports on developments in the broadband technology industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Approval by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the Plug-and-Play proposal for set-top-free digital TV sets; Creation of a Vendor and Operator Executive Advisory Forum for to promote...
- Jack-of-all-trades or master of one? Welch, Joel // CED;Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p46
Addresses the question of whether companies should hire people with expertise in a specific field or to train them to tackle multiple services all at once. Advantages and disadvantages of developing either specialists or generalists; Historical background of customer-oriented field workforce in...
- AT&T DELAYS BIDDING. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
Reports the delay in the bidding of AT&T Broadband in the United States. Revisions of bidders after the changes made for 2002 market estimates; Schedule of the extended deadline; Plan of AT&T to present the bids to the board of directors; Unlikeliness of a final decision on the matter.
- COMMUNICATIONS. // Buildings;Apr2005 Buyer's Guide, p4
Presents a list of companies that provide communication and data equipment and broadband and Internet services. Connect Center Inc.; Cypress Communications Inc.; Tate Access Floors Inc.
- SWOT Analysis. // Comcast Corporation SWOT Analysis;November 2004, p5
Provides a business analysis of Comcast Corp., a company which is involved in the development, management and operation of broadband cable networks, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths, including benefits derived from its...
- SPECIAL FOCUS: CABLING INFRASTRUCTURE. // Communications News;Jan2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on cabling infrastructure equipment. The article discusses communication cabinets from Net Series, the Plug & Play Universal System Integrated Trunk Module trunk cable assembly, The CUBE bandwidth scaling, and Optima EPS cabinet enclosures. Also discussed in the...