Hope & Profit in Africa
- Growing a solid base. Okosi, Alex // Brand Strategy;Sep2007, Issue 215, p52
An interview with Alex Okosi, managing director of Music Television (MTV) base Africa, is presented. When asked about launching a dedicated African service, he refers to address the need of an underserved demographic. Okosi cites that African artists did not know about each other but their music...
- HIT DISCRIMINATORS WHERE IT HURTS. Williams, Darrell; Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Nov2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p28
Explains that Afro-American consumers can fight and discourage future discrimination. Amount spent Afro-American consumers in 2001; Percentage of gross domestic product that Afro-American consumers represent; Suggestion on the strategies against consumer discrimination.
- MTV spreads its Base in Africa. de Jager, Christelle // Variety;11/7/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 12, p19
This article reports on the launch of MTV Networks Africa's MTV Base, the company's pan-African television division. MTV Networks Africa has signed program distribution deals with free-to-air broadcasters in Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana for MTV Base, its pan-African music television division. MTV...
- Municipal Futures Rise, Cash Firm Ahead of This Week's New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p2
Reports the increase of futures bond market in New York. Increase in gross domestic product; Decline of the consumer sentiment index reading for April in the University of Michigan; Expectations of traders in the bond market.
- Munis Lose Lustre as Treasuries Dip; $98M of Illinois Health Revs Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of November 2003. Assessment of the third quarter gross domestic product; Impact of geopolitical factors on bond yields; Bond maturity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 24.
- Belgium. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec97, Vol. 1997 Issue 2, p100
Focuses on the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of Belgium for 1997, examining the labor market in Belgium. Predictions for the GDP growth of Belgium; Rate which the economic expansions are continuing at; Description of the labor market in Belgium.
- Reference. // Estates Gazette;Nov2005 Centre Retailing, p69
This article presents market profiles of several nations from Europe as of 2006. The profiles measured the different economic performances of the nations, ranging from population, gross domestic product and investment yields. The countries profiled include: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic,...
- Emerging market countries are still growing much faster than developed countries. // Fundweb;6/6/2013, p19
The article reports on the growth of gross domestic product (GDP) in the emerging market countries which is much faster than developed countries.
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Philippines Country Monitor;Jan2012, p8
The article offers information about the forecast for labor market in the Philippines, wherein the unemployment rate is high, worsen by generally low gross domestic product (GDP) growth rates.