INDIA'S PAPER GAINS
- Prices hold, second hike finished; producers stay focused on import watch. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;7/25/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p4
The article focuses on the status of the price of uncoated freesheet (UFS) as of July 25, 2014. Topics include the increase in pricing and demand of UFS in June and July, the expectations of the UFS producers to experienced steady demand over the next 60 days, and the 18.6% increase in imports...
- Producers eye multiwall price increase this spring, the first one in 2-3 years. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;1/31/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the consideration of kraft paper producers in the U.S. to increase multiwall paper prices in 2014. Topics discussed include the increase of multiwall sack shipments in the U.S., the growth of margin pressure, and the normal levels of demand for kraft paper at...
- Uncoated freesheet prices start to nudge up for first time in more than two years in USA; levels holding on cutsize. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;11/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the increase of uncoated freesheet (UFS) prices in the U.S. as of November 22, 2013. Topics discussed include the efforts of industry and market leaders to lower the UFS prices, the issue of imports and competition in the paper industry, and the growth of UFS demand in...
- US producers pushing through $50 increase on stronger global demand. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;4/18/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on the $50 price increase announced by kraft paper producers in the U.S. Topics include the growing export demand of kraft paper products in the international market, the expected increase demand on cement products globally, and the statistical report released by the American...
- An output revival. Battista, Andrew; Cook, Chris; Deking, Noel; Rudder, Greg; Smith, Bryan; Mies, Will // Pulp & Paper;Aug2004, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the latest developments in the paper industry in North America as of 2004. Price increases in various papers and board grades; Benefits of global economic growth to the industry; Newsprint demand in the country.
- Why Is SOP Demand Rising? // Official Board Markets;1/12/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the reasons behind increasing sorted office paper (SOP) prices throughout North America. This is due to the strong export demand which has been started by a certain mill in China that bought in huge amounts. Another reason behind rising SOP prices is improvements in...
- Current Account Deficit To Narrow Marginally In 2008. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
This article offers an outlook for the current account deficit of Hungary in 2008. Business Monitor International (BMI) expects the deficit to continue to narrow. But, BMI warns that high energy import prices and weakening external demand will mean the improvement will only be marginal. In...
- Transparency reveals a new leaner and meaner industry. James, Rhiannon // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Jan2001, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p44
Comments on the challenges faced by the pulp and paper industry in 2001. Views of analysts on the demand for paper; Efforts of paper producers to be transparent; Importance of monitoring the performance of the industry.
- Global Trends in the Pulp and Paper Industry. SÜKAN, ERDAL // TÃ¼rkiye Kagit Sanayii;Winter2012, p5
The author discusses the trends in the pulp and paper industry worldwide, with emphasis on the varying demand prospects between regions but with significant growth for the Eastern world including Turkey.