- DON'T GET TYPECAST. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on considerations when purchasing ambulances. Requirements for ambulances purchased by the federal government; Standard for ambulance design in the U.S.; Introduction of ambulance chassis; Ambulance designs to respond to the changing needs of fire service customers; Components and...
- 148th fire department receives new P-30 rescue fire truck. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p31
This article announces that the 148th Fire Department in Duluth, Minnesota received a new P-30 Fire Rescue vehicle.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p117
The article offers information on several vehicles used by different emergency and fire departments in the U.S. A rescue truck from Marion Body is being used by the Rutherford County Emergency Management Agency in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for responding to chemical, biological, radiological and...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p86
The article features several rescue vehicles delivered to state fire departments in the U.S. The delivery includes a dash pumper from Pierce delivered to the fire department in Illinois, 2005 model of the Freedom Series pumper by Smeal Fire Apparatus for Manistique in Michigan, and the 2005...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p134
The article evaluates several fire service products including the KME pumper of the Weston Fire Department in Boston, Massachusetts, the Fort Garry Fire Trucks pumper of Paulatuk in North Territories and the Foster Rescue Products mini ambulance of the District of Columbia Fire Department,...
- Illinois bill offers truck loans. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the approval of a bill that creates interest-free loan program to help fire departments purchase vehicles in Illinois. Provision of the bill; Terms of the program.
- New emergency vehicles take Tarrant County cities by storm. Oldham // Business Press;08/20/99, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p2A
Focuses on Tarrant County, Texas-based fire departments' replacement of old ambulances with modular ambulances. Box loaded onto a chassis; Cost of an ambulance in 1999; Drawbacks to putting ambulance boxes on bigger chassis; Utilization of the Air Ride System.
- Carrollton (TX) Fire Department ambulance service accredited. // Fire Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p34
Reports that the City of Carrollton Fire Department of Texas has been awarded accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services. Statement from Carrollton Fire Department Chief Bruce Varner.
- Correction. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/7/2010, Vol. 103 Issue 40, p2A
Corrections to the article "Rocky's Hosts Benefit Dinner," which was published in the September 23, 2010 issue, is presented.