SECOND TIME AROUND
- Second wind usage from second-hand equipment. Barlow, Rick Dana // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2007, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p62
The article offers several views about purchasing second-hand capital equipment for hospitals. John Marquez, president and CEO of Therapy Remarketing Group LLC, explains some of the factors to consider when evaluating whether to acquire used equipment from an original equipment manufacturer or...
- You can get a lot more than fleas at a market like this. Breslin, Patrick // Smithsonian;Feb93, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p100
Focuses on the First Monday flea market in Canton, Texas, where if you can't find it chances are it doesn't exist. 100-plus acres in East Texas; More than 3,000 dealers; The merchandise; The prices; Buying, selling, trading, remembering; Dealers like `Trash Alley Sally' or `the Knob Lady'; The...
- Golden oldies. Henricks, Mark // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p112
Reports on the growing number of secondhand stores in the United States. Growth of revenues from resale trade; Change in people's feelings about secondhand things; Difference in sophistication of retailers.
- Garage sales. Rice, Cynthia // Single Parent;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p9
Gives advice on how to determine prices when holding a yard sale. Gives tips on how to haggle over prices and how to decide if children will participate in the yard sale. Market value; Pricing strategies; Motivating children.
- Secondhand goods: First-class retail idea. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;9/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 209, p1
Reports that an increasing number of Americans are selling and buying used goods at specialty stores. Potentials of the used-goods market; Percentage by which sales at secondhand stores grew between 1987 and 1995; How Americans see this as a way of stretching a small income.
- 'Thrift' is not a bad word. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;10/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 232, p13
Presents an interview with Holly Harris regarding her views on secondhand shopping.
- Thrift store shopping for more than clothes. // Glamour;Jun96, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p120
Focuses on the increase in resale shops in the United States and looks at the wide range of products sold by them. Why shoppers use these shop; Improvement in locations for these resale shops; Number of outlets Grow Biz International Incorporated have nationwide; Names of the specialty shops...
- Finders keepers. Betts, Katherine // Vogue;Apr93, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p147
Presents designer Todd Oldham's thoughts on the secondhand shopping scene, an obsession he shares with Catherine Deneuve, Naomi Campbell and Azzedine Alaia. Recent buys at New York City's Twenty-sixth Street flea market; His favorite haunts; Conversation pieces; Prices.
- Pawnshops: For loans--and bargains! Nielsen, S.; Mark, E.R. // Good Housekeeping;Jul92, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p189
Focuses on pawn shops and what they offer the shopper. How pawning works; What you can pawn; Discounts given.