- Upholstery shows some leg. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p8
Reports the saleability of decorative wood on upholstery products in North Carolina. Enhancement of sales; Provision of qualitative finished products; Retail pricing.
- Should you make or buy your component parts? // Wood & Wood Products;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p140
Offers advice to furniture and cabinet manufacturers on whether to buy wood component parts from outside sources or invest in a dimension mill to produce components inhouse. Projected increase in hardwood dimension and component parts from outside sources; Reasons for purchasing wood parts;...
- Readers Ready to Roll. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2003, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p77
Focuses on the optimism of North American wood product manufacturers participating in an online survey conducted by "Wood & Wood Products." Number of U.S. and Canadian secondary wood product manufacturers; Improvement in production capabilities; Benefit of government action to furniture...
- Good Management Begets Good Business. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p25
Gives management advice for wood and furniture industry executives. Characteristics of successful bosses; Importance of meetings in large plants; Effect of skimping on worker education and training; Role of an inspection team in medium and large plants.
- Rules and specifications for dimensions and woodwork. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p150
Discusses National Dimension Manufacturers Association (NDMA) rules on dimension components for domestic and export trade. Dimension component definition; General requirements; Specifications for machining.
- Factories will earn, not buy, retail slots. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p12
Discusses issues related to the furniture industry. Key factors in winning the space of furniture companies; Strong competitors of western manufacturers; Impact of the economy for the industry.
- Confidence soars in the 10th annual survey. Adams, Larry; Gazdziak, Sam; Kilmer, Barrett // Wood & Wood Products;Jun98, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on the results of `Wood and Wood Products' 10th Annual Survey of the residential furniture industry. Increase in the sales of residential furniture for 1997; Projections for 1998; How the survey was conducted; Issues of concern in the residential furniture industry. INSETS: News at the...
- 1959 Best in Furniture Industry History. // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2000, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p9
Deals with the March 1960 article of `Wood & Wood Products' magazine on the performance of the household furniture industry in the United States in 1959.
- 'We're Lost but We're Making Good Time!' Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2004, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p27
The article presents information on the downfall of wood product manufacturing companies and steps which should be taken to revive it. One of the industry's most critical mistakes was made about 30 years ago when furniture-manufacturing companies did not invest in new plants and automated...