Machine's efficiency rubs off on door fascia factory
- Narrowing the Widebelt Sanding Gap. IWANSKI, JOHN // Wood & Wood Products;Mar99, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p65
Interviews furniture industry experts about the latest in widebelt sanding technologies in 1999. How can hardeners affect the finished product; Improvement in the way widebelts are designed and built; Details on the increasing use of veneer in the United States.
- Hutchins 2000-4H. // Wood Digest's Finishing;Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p33
The article presents information about the Hutchins 2000-4H equipment that is used in wood finishing. Designed for the cabinet and the furniture industry, the new Hutchins 2000-4H delivers the ultimate flat finish on all wood surfaces. The strong stroke of the 2000-4H is aggressive enough to...
- A Tale of Three Sanders. Walentine, Ellis // Woodworker's Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p76
Nothing beats a random-orbit sander for fast-cutting, swirl-free sanding performance. They're ideal for heavier sanding jobs, where the main objective is stock removal. Inline sanders, which are available in both pistol grip and palm grip varieties, are better suited to finish sanding. Without...
- Hand Sanders. // Finishing;May/Jun2007, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
The article evaluates several hand sanders including the Quad Master sander from Pinske Edge, Model 371K compact belt sander from Porter-Cable Corp. and the Rotex RO 150 FEQ sander from Festool.
- LITERATURE. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2005, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p102
This article presents information on literature related to the furniture industry in the U.S. Whirlwind Inc. offers information on its Model 855 Oscillating Belt Edge Sander. The color brochure features specifications on the tables, platens, power transmission, pulleys and dust collection, as...
- Sanders, sanders, and more sanders! Frecehette, Leon A. // Tech Directions;May96, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p28
Offers information on the use of sanders in vocational education. Portability; Reduction in production time; Determination of needs before buying a sander; Combination of features; Capabilities of sanders from Dremel, S-B Power Tools and Ryobi America Corp.; Contact information.
- Align sanding discs on orbital sanders. Darmstadt, David // Woodworker's Journal;May/Jun95, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Presents tips on how to align holes in the orbital sanders to those on the sandpaper disc. Use of dowel stock.
- The portable belt sander. Colpetzer, Bob // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p82
Offers advice on purchasing and using a portable belt sander. Features to consider when choosing a sander; Tuning a sander; Tips on the best way to sand flat panels; Tips on using a sanding frame; Tips on smoothing a flat stock.
- Sanding equipment offers smooth solutions. Derning, Sean // Wood & Wood Products;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p137
Advises on selecting sanding equipment for woodworking. Factors to consider in purchasing sanding machines; Features of segmented and non-segmented sanding pads; White wood finish sanding; Feed-through sanding equipment available to the woodworking industry.