Benefits outweigh FR risks
- Fire retardant first for G Plan. // Cabinet Maker;08/18/2000, Issue 5201, p3
Reports that the first range of fire retardant sofa throws has been introduced by G Plan Upholstery.
- Congress tells CPSC to go slow on flammability proposals. Morrissey, James A. // Textile World;Nov98, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p20
Reports that the US Congress has asked the Consumer Product Safety Commission to exercise caution in developing a flammability standard for upholstered furniture fabric. Congress' directions to the National Academy of Sciences and the General Accounting Office regarding the efforts of the...
- I.R. studies on polyester/viscose blended fabrics treated with THPC-based durable flame retardants. Kaushik, D.P.; Chattopadhyay, D.P. // Colourage;Jun95, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p21
Investigates the reaction mechanism involved between THPC-thiourea based flame retardant chemicals and with either of the component of the fabric. Possibility of the formation of a chemical bond between THPC-thiourea; Complexity of the study of the thermal decomposition of the polyester/viscose...
- Dyeing; printing; finishing. // Colourage;Feb95, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p34
Presents an abstract of the paper, `Innovation in Fire-Retardant Fillers for Carpet Backing,' by C.E. Westbrook, published in the journal `Colourage,' dated February 1995.
- Reproducible thermal fixation of liquid flame retardants on polyester fabric. Etters, J.N. // Colourage;Annual 96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
Studies the consistency of thermal fixation of liquid flame retardant on polyester fabric. Migration and fixation of flame retardant; Function of xanthan gum in controlling the migration of flame retardant; Distribution of the flame retardant in the fabric cross-section; Application of flame...
- Dyeing; printing; finishing. // Colourage;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p56
Presents an abstract of the article "Flame Retardants-An Attempt to Understand How They Work".
- Flame retardants. // Colourage;Jun2002, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p60
Describes advances in chemistries used for flame retarding textiles.
- Fire-retardant fabrics in India soon. // Colourage;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p90
Reports on the imminent manufacture, by India, of specially-treated fire-retardant fabrics and garments.
- Taking the heat. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/30/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 18, p17
Reports on Hayes & Associates' development of a suit fabric that can be used for safer fire- and crash-suits.