Dysphagia following fish bone ingestion
- A rare cause of dysphagia in a young Caucasian man. Cecinato, Paolo; Zecchini, Ramona; Cavina, Maurizio; Ragazzi, Moira; Sassatelli, Romano // Gut;Sep2014, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p1400
The article presents an answer to the question on the diagnosis and management of dysphagia in a young Caucasian man.
- St. Luke's Hospital pioneers tests for swallowing disorders. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p24
Reports that Saint Luke's Hospital's Speech and Swallowing Center has performed its first videofluroscopic barium swallow study in the first week of April 1998. Swallowing disorders to be tested in the study; Medical personnel involved in the study.
- Diagnostic imaging in the evaluation of dysphagia. Barlon, Thomas J.; Bergus, George R. // American Family Physician;2/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p535
Offers information on diagnostic imaging in the evaluation of dysphagia. Determining the severity of oropharyngeal dysphagia; Pharyngeal webs and strictures; Neuromuscular disease associated with dysphagia; Etiologies of esophageal dysphagia; Predisposing factors for esophageal carcinoma.
- A functional diagnosis of dysphagia using videoendoscopy. Spiegel, Joseph R.; Selber, Jesse C.; Creed, Judith // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug1998, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p628
Focuses on the use of videoendoscopy in the diagnosis of dysphagia. Two principal aspects in evaluation of patients with symptoms of dysphagia; Assessment of swallowing ability; Performance of the videoendoscopic swallowing study (VESS); Results of the study.
- Painless thyroiditis. // British Medical Journal;8/6/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6083, p348
Examines the clinical features of thyroiditis. Characteristics of the disease; Symptoms of dysphagia; Increase in serum concentrations of anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.
- Dysphagia and Dementia. Logemann, Jeri A. // ASHA Leader;2/18/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the challenge of managing patients with dementia and dysphagia. Statement of therapy goals; Evaluation of candidacy for therapy; Dysphagia assessment; Development and achievement of measurable positive outcomes for dysphagic patients.
- Erratum. // Perspectives on Swallowing & Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia);Jun2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p125
No abstract available.
- Dysphagia and aspiration secondary to polymyositis. Belafsky, Peter C.; Mims, James W.; Postma, Gregory N.; Koufman, James A. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p316
Describes a patient with a history of polymyositis who was evaluated for signs and symptoms of aspiration. Results of the evaluations; Recommended therapy.
- Positional dysphagia secondary to a Chiari I malformation. White, David L.; Rees, Catherine J.; Butler, Susan G.; Tatter, Stephen B.; Markley, Lisa W.; Cartwright, Michael S. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p318
We describe a previously unreported phenomenon: positional dysphagia secondary to a Chiari I malformation. A 38-year-old woman presented with progressive dysphagia and cough. Flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing detected severe pharyngeal dysphagia and aspiration, as well as an...