A FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL
- PLAYERS WIN REPRIEVE ON TRAVELLING WITH BOWS. // Strad;Aug2007, Vol. 118 Issue 1408, p10
The article reports on international trade regulations being introduced for pernambuco, an endangered wood from Brazil commonly used in producing musical instrument bows. Details concerning the restrictions on the importing and exporting of unfinished wood materials are given, highlighting the...
- Draft Recovery Plans. Scheffler, Tracy // Endangered Species Update;Jan-Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, special section p29
The article presents the draft recovery plans for conservation of the listed endangered plant and animal species. Fences and signs will be installed around the area with the largest population of Sentry milk-vetch. The plans for the Pecos sunflower include identification and securing of core...
- Regulate trade in rare plants. Shirey, Patrick D.; Lamberti, Gary A. // Nature;1/27/2011, Vol. 469 Issue 7331, p465
In this article, the authors discuss the effects of commercial trade on rare plants. They are critical of people who legally and illegally obtain threatened or endangered plants because of the uncontrolled shipping and Internet commerce of rare plants. They suggest that existing protection laws...
- Pivoting. Fischer, Simon // Strad;Jan95, Vol. 106 Issue 1257, p24
Discusses the technique of pivoting in bowing. Difference between pivoting and musical timing; Exercises.
- Key bowing patterns (2). Fischer, Simon // Strad;Jun95, Vol. 106 Issue 1262, p600
No abstract available.
- Greyhound sniffs out missing bows. // Strad;Dec2010, Vol. 121 Issue 1448, p9
The article focuses on the discovery of the missing case of bows from Peter Oxley in Ipswich, England by a greyhound called Angel, owned by Chris Laflin.
- Key bowing patterns (1). Fischer, Simon // Strad;May95, Vol. 106 Issue 1261, p496
Presents bowing technique and exercises. Bowing patterns using the notes of the double-stop sequence; Repeating each variation four times; Bowing patterns using the notes of the chord sequence.
- Soundpoint exercises. Fischer, Simon // Strad;Apr96, Vol. 107 Issue 1272, p404
Presents soundpoint exercises for bowed stringed instruments. Balance of speed and pressure on each soundpoint; Different soundpoints at same speed; Different soundpoints at same pressure.
- Tourtes produce passion but no decisions. // Strad;Jun97, Vol. 108 Issue 1286, p592
Reports on the progress of the production of two books on bow makers. Research undertaken by Peter Oxley for a book covering concerning bow making in Great Britain in the last two centuries; Meeting held by makers and dealers concerning a book on the Tourtes family.