Amazon's Brilliance Buy About Supply Chain, Strategy
- Amazon Acquires Brilliance Audio Inc. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p9
The article reports on the acquisition of Brilliance Audio Inc. by Amazon.com. Susan Panasuk, audiovisual services manager at Herrick District Library in Holland, expresses her concern on the acquisition. According to Brilliance Audio president and publisher Michael Snodgrass, there will be no...
- Amazon.com Buys Brilliance. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;6/15/2007, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p20
This article discusses how Amazon.com has acquired the audiobook publisher BrillianceAudio for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition represents Amazon's plan to bolster its audiobook sales and to improve upon its available titles. Amazon Vice President Greg Greeley hopes the buyout will spur...
- Amazon Buys Stake In Online Drugstore. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p10
Reports that Amazon.com company has acquired stocks of the drugstore.com, a licensed pharmaceutical retailer. Details on the acquisition deal; Information on the pharmaceutical retailer.
- Amazon's Brilliance Purchase Sparks Criticism, Questions. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p12
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the acquisition of Brilliance Audio by Amazon. The acquisition of Brilliance generated much attention from booksellers. Amazon's announcement that it will add a print-on-demand option for the production of audiobooks also caught the attention of some...
- The Amazon.com Advantage. // Canadian Musician;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the advantage of selling compact discs (CD) at the Amazon.com Advantage online service for independent artists in North America. Availability of CD to potential buyers and listeners; Procedure for enrolling in the Amazon.com Advantage; Requirements for the online service.
- Amazon Sells $59.99 Blu-ray Disc Player. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p8
The article announces that Amazon.com is selling Sylvania Blu-ray Disc player worth 59.99 U.S. dollars.
- MANY FAIL TO PLAY HALF OF THEIR CDS. Williams, Paul // Music Week;6/22/2002, Issue 24, p4
Reports on the failure of people in Great Britain to listen to half of their compact discs (CD), according to a survey by Internet firm Amazon. Second-hand value of Britain's CD collection; Percentage of people who never listen to half of the CD they bought.
- New Alliances for Brilliance. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Soulmate Audiobooks of Spring Lake, Michigan by Brilliance Audio of Grand Haven, Michigan. Background on Soulmate; Plan of Soulmate for Brilliance; Agreement of Brilliance with OverDrive.
- Amazon Buys Netflix Rival. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of European subscription entertainment service Netflix by Amazon.com Inc.