- Final bids due soon for $1 billion GIC Real Estate portfolio. Ruehl, Mercedes // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/23/2015, p33
The article reports that final bids are being sought from interested parties for the sale of GIC Real Estate.
- GIC Real Estate partners lenders in new debt drive. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;11/29/2008, Issue 847, p29
The article reports that GIC Real Estate has moved into the European real estate debt market and is looking to partner property lenders on new lending. This could take the form of buying whole loans that banks want to syndicate, buying a portion of the loan, or providing senior or mezzanine...
- In brief. // EuroProperty;3/17/2008, p26
The article offers news briefs related to real property business. A Â£300m Special Situations Fund has been created by British commercial property investment manager Orchard Street Investment Management LLP, an affiliate of GIC Real Estate Pte Ltd. Banker James Jakeman resigns as the managing...
- Landmark deal. // Business News New Jersey;02/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the takeover of Vornado real estate investment trust, on the major real estate holdings of the Kennedy family. Properties of the Kennedy family to be taken over by Vornado; Significance of the deal for the Kennedys and for Vornado.
- Had enough? // Crain's New York Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p86
Reports on the resignation of Bernard Mendik as co-chairman of Vornado Realty Trust 18 months after Vornado acquired his Manhattan, New York City real estate holdings for $654 million. Mendik's retention of his real estate investment trust; Plan to pursue private investments from Vornado's offices.
- Liberty makes capital gains tax escape. // Estates Gazette;3/17/2007, Issue 711, p34
The article presents an update on the real property sector in England as of March 2007. Liberty International's subsidiary Capital Shopping Centres has sold its 40% share in MetroCentre shopping mall in Gateshead to GIC Real Estate for Â£426 million. PRUPIM is selling its retail properties in...
- Insignia sale talks. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the upcoming merger agreement between New York City real estate brokerages Vornado Realty Trust and Insignia Financial Group Inc. Possible conflict of interest between the companies if the pending merger pushes through; Overview on the stock performance of the separate companies;...
- MMPI Buys Boston Design Center. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov2005, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p12
Reports that Vornado Realty Trust, the parent company of Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. (MMPI), has agreed to buy the Boston Design Center, a home furnishing showroom building, from Davies Cos. in Boston, Massachusetts. Physical description of the building; Benefits of the deal for MMPI; Total...
- Is Vornado Realty Trust Playing The Waiting Game at Downtown Crossing? Misonzhnik, Elaine // Retail Traffic Exclusive Insight;5/10/2011, p1
The article discusses the sell out decision by Vornado Realty Trust, a diversified Real estate investment trust (REIT), which stopped construction in 2008 following the grim economic condition. Experts believe that Vornado would not sell the downtown Boston, Massachusetts project as it will give...