Go Big or Go Home
- Taiwan set to ramp up TFT production. Chinnock, Chris // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Mar99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
Reports that flat-panel display (FPD) designers in Taiwan are poised to bring more manufacturing capacity on-line, just as market shortages are starting to appear. Rethinking of manufacturers' need to have passive- and active-matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCDs); Expansion into thin film...
- The microdisplay industry is beginning to consolidate. Chinnock; Gawel, Chris // Electronic Design;10/04/99, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p32F
Comments on the decline in the number of companies working on projects in one particular type of microdisplay technology. Potential applications of the liquid-crystal-on-silicon technology; Host of manufacturing challenges; Strategic alliances in the industry.
- LCD Equipment Spending to Decline in 2005, 2006. // Electronic News;3/28/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Reports on the projected decline in capital spending in active matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD) factories in 2005 and 2006. Percentage annual growth in spending; Expected increase in AMLCD capacity; Way in which panel manufacturers reduced costs.
- FPD prices plummet, market expands. Whelan, Carolyn // Electronic News;11/30/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2247, p6
Reports on the decline in prices of flat panel displays (FPDs) in 1998 due to overcapacity. Prospects for the sub-$1000 personal computer and below market; Advantages of liquid crystal display technology after cathode ray tubes; Percentage of the current base of computers that are fitted with a...
- A screen for every need. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2004, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p398
Reports on the condition of the information display technology sector as of July 2004. Qualities of light emitting diodes from Infotech; Benefits from the use of liquid crystal display; Disadvantages of plasma screen technology.
- U.S. optoelectronics demand tracked. // Electronic News;10/30/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2089, p32
Discusses a report by Freedonia Group which predicts that aggregate demand for flat screen displays and other optoelectronic component products will rise approximately 13 percent per year through the end of the decade. The demand for high-resolution flat screen displays.
- SHRINKING COMPONENTS PACE THE INDUSTRY. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;1/13/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p65
This article discusses the shrinking designs developed by electronics industries. A host of technologies are competing for many applications in flat-panel displays. LCDs continue to dominate flat-panel displays, but they're feeling the heat from plasma-panel displays within the coveted...
- LCD Market to Grow 51% to $4.8B This Year. // Electronic News;7/26/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 30, pN.PAG
Offers an outlook on the growth of worldwide market for processing equipment for thin-film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) in 2004. List of TFT-LCD plants that are opening in 2005; Expected total market growth in 2004; Expected glass substrate unit shipments in 2004.
- Philips, LG in Venture. // Electronic News;05/24/99, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Royal Philips Electronics of Netherlands acquired a 50 percent share in LG LCD, an active-matrix liquid crystal display manufacturer (AMLCD). Details on the agreement; Forecast on the AMLCD market.