London: Epicenter of Capitalism
- Financial Firms' Market Cap Soared on Worldwide Optimism. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/6/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 86, p1
Reports on the improvement in the total market capitalization of leading financial services companies around the world for the six months through March 31, 1999. Reflection of a general rebound in stock markets; Renewal of confidence in the global financial system; Total aggregate value of the...
- LONDON--FINANCIAL CENTRE OF EUROPE? Bailey, Richard // Accountancy;Jun87, Vol. 99 Issue 1126, p116
Discusses key issues relevant to the emergence of London, England, as the financial center of Europe. Impact of the liberalization of capital markets; Effects on the accounting sector; Policy implications on international finance.
- OLD LOYALTIES IN A NEW MARKET. Temple, Peter // Accountancy;Oct88, Vol. 102 Issue 1142, p69
Discusses key issues relevant to the capital markets of London, England. Impact of changes in the structure of large securities houses; Key players in the market; Policy implications on the financial services sector.
- Capital markets tapped for risks. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;11/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p3
Reports that Bermuda Islands is becoming a center in the effort to transfer insurance risks into the capital markets, as well as finding ways to insure financial exposures. Impending growth in alternative to traditional reinsurance; Risk securitization deals.
- Top U. S. Individual Property and Casualty Companies. // American Banker;9/10/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 174, p16
Presents information on top U.S. individual property and casualty companies as of September 10, 2003.
- Closed Loans (April 1-April 7, 2005). // Bank Loan Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p5
Presents a chart depicting closed loan deals from April 1 to April 7, 2005 in the U.S.
- Q1 2005 Euro Leveraged Loans. // Bank Loan Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p12
Presents a chart depicting the total leveraged loans in Europe for the first quarter of 2005. Bookrunners of the transaction; Proceeds of each deal; Market share.
- May data impresses, while some regions show slight fluctuation. // Asset Securitization Report;8/15/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the performance of the loan market for the month of may 2005 in the U.S. Decline for each state of delinquency during the period; Rates of serious delinquency of prime, Alt-A and sub-prime loans; Performance of subprime borrowers in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Capital market option not right for everyone. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;03/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p3
Points out that the capital market option is not applicable to all risk managers. Factors which attract risk managers in financing their risks in the capital markets; Difficulty in making capital market deals affordable; Experiences of risk managers who have ventured into the capital market.