Blindsided by Booms
- Is old becoming the new economic trend? Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fund Strategy;3/2/2009, p5
In this article, the author discusses global economic trends. He reflects on the perspective of commentator Stephen Roach from the company Morgan Stanley that the global economy was unbalanced, saying that the U.S. can only maintain its high levels of consumption because of the vast capital...
- Downward trend. // FinanceAsia;Nov2008, p10
Several charts are presented that lists companies with a downtrend in the global stock market including Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and Nomura.
- HITS AND HAS-BEENS. // U.S. Banker;Jun2007, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p12
The article announces the appointments of several executives in the U.S. Vikram Pandit has been promoted as Citi's head for alternative-investment unit. Ranjana Clark has been appointed as Wachovia's head of treasury division. Stephen Roach has been named as chief economist of Morgan Stanley.
- Consumer Electronics Still King as Tech Sector Faces Slowing Growth. Tolkoff, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p18
The article analyzes the performance of consumer electronics in California in 2008. Semiconductor Industry Association spokesman John Greenage claims that the technology sector may see slower growth in 2008 due to the overall pullback in the economy and the rising cost of energy, gas and food....
- Morgan Stanley Pay Suit Is Dismissed. // American Banker;12/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 191, p16
The article reports that a lawsuit filed by shareholders of the financial firm Morgan Stanley against the company's executives, regarding unreasonable compensation, had been dismissed.
- Hiring Said to Stall at Morgan Stanley. // American Banker;9/28/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 149, p16
The article reports that bank Morgan Stanley will have no additional hiring at its investment-banking division for the remainder of 2010.
- Morgan Stanley in bid to cut credit risk. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;2/19/2009, p8
The article evaluates the FTSE defensive gilt-backed three-year growth plan from Morgan Stanley.
- Kick of the bunch. Jackson, Colin // Money Marketing;3/5/2009, p31
The article evaluates FTSE Defensive Gilt-Backed Growth Plan from Morgan Stanley.
- Protected niche. Woodbridge, Matthew // Money Marketing;7/15/2010, p27
The article focuses on the business condition as well as the structure product offered by the capital-protected bond company Morgan Stanley in Great Britain.