Trends in teen pregnancy in Canada with comparisons to U.S.A. and England/Wales
- HOW tragic that 142 abortions [...]. HEFFER // Daily Mail;11/16/2013, p53
HOW tragic that 142 abortions were performed in England and Wales last year on girls aged 11 to 14. But why isn't the crime of having sex with a girl under 16 prosecuted more often? We read regularly of school teachers being disgraced for sexual activity with pupils of 16 or over the age of...
- True (A) or false (B):. // South African Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology;Sep2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p88
A quiz concerning recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) and teenage pregnancies is presented.
- A Interrupï¿½ï¿½o da Gravidez na Adolescï¿½ncia: aspectos epidemiolï¿½gicos numa maternidade pï¿½blica no nordeste do Brasil. Belmino Chaves, Jos� Humberto; Pessini, Leo; de Sousa Bezerra, Ant�nio Fernando; Rego, Guilhermina; Nunes, Rui // Saï¿½de e Sociedade;jan-mar2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p246
The induced abortion is widely practiced by women in the context illegal in Brazil, considered a public health issue. To understand the complications and the clinical, behavioral and socio-demographic aspects and type of abortion in adolescents undergoing uterine curettage. A descriptive method...
- Estimates of Pregnancies and Pregnancy Rates for the United States, 1976-85. Ventura, Stephanie J.; Taffel, Selma M.; Mosher, William D. // American Journal of Public Health;May88, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p506
After increasing by 9 per cent in the period 1976-80 in the United States, pregnancy rates declined by 4 per cent between 1980 and 1984 (from 111.9 to 107.3 pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15-44 years). Between 1984 and 1985, the rate rose by less than 1 per cent to 108.2. More detailed data by...
- An estimate of teenage abortion demand. Medoff, Marshall H. // Journal of Socio-Economics;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p175
This study estimates the demand for abortion by U.S. teenagers (15-19 years of age) for the year 1992. The empirical results found teenage abortion demand was inelastic with respect to price and a normal good with respect to income. Teenage abortion demand was also found to be positively related...
- Study looks at teen sexual activity. // National Catholic Reporter;12/14/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the increase in rates of teen pregnancies, births and abortions in the U.S.
- Teen-Age Pregnancy and Abortion. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1972, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p323
Presents an excerpt from a Statement of the Committee on Youth of the American Academy of Pediatrics concerning teenage pregnancy and abortion.
- 'I Don't Have a Choice.' Bockhorn, Lee // Human Life Review;Summer2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p83
Discusses the efforts of a father to convince his pregnant fifteen year old daughter to have an abortion. Disregard of a woman's autonomous choice by the parents; Outcome of parental pressure on their daughter to abort the unborn; Reasons suggested to the daughter for aborting the child.
- ABORTION IS PART OF THE POVERTY EQUATION. Roberts, Yvonne // Community Care;7/11/2002, Issue 1430, p21
Advocates the need for trials of the abortion pill to lead to an honest debate about teenage pregnancy in Great Britain. Description of the country's abortion pill project; Content of the social exclusion unit's 'Teenage Pregnancy' report in 1999; Difficulty of abortion.