Sexually overt approaches in singles bars
- Harassment claimed by bar in L.A. // Advocate;3/15/72, Issue 81, p9
Reports on the claim of Tiki bar owner Dora Posner that the bar has been a victim of harassment by the Rampart Division of the Los Angeles Police Department. Reputation of the Rampart police division for harassing and abusing gays.
- Prudish or promiscuous? Macleod, Mairi // New Scientist;11/29/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 2684, p32
The article discusses the different attitudes of people towards sex. It explores the findings of a study which revealed that men who were considered to be more masculine and women who were judged more attractive were likely to be seen as more inclined towards casual sex. It examines the balance...
- The Key to Happiness. Jones, Lisa // Men's Health;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Presents the result of a survey on sexual activity conducted by the National Bureau of Economic Research in the U.S. in 2004. Percentage of citizens contented with their sex life; Frequency rate of sexual activity of adult in a month; Percentage of people without sex life.
- Injunction granted L.A.'s Corral Club. // Advocate;10/14/70, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p12
Reports on the granting of temporary injunction against police harassment practices to Corral Club by the Supreme Court in Los Angeles, California.
- Straight men turned away. Rau, Krishna // Xtra (Toronto);1/3/2008, Issue 605, p15
This article reports on the policies implemented by gay bars on Church Street in Toronto, Ontario to cease harassment of women at women's nights. Voglie's policy on its women's night is that any straight man must be accompanied by two women. Besharam requires each solo straight man to be...
- Police clampdown is 'abuse'. Ridout, Graham // Publican's Morning Advertiser;4/14/2011, Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the incidences of police abuses in West Yorkshire, wherein drinking establishments have been threatened over their revocation of licenses from serving alcohol during Saturday nights.
- Handling accusations of 'bullying' from new staff. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;4/10/2014, Issue 143, p10
The author discusses how his company is handling accusations of bullying and harassment from pub staff in spite of responding to their needs and demands at work and giving them respect.
- Let's talk about SEX Part II: Fantasy locations. // Fab;3/4/2009, Issue 367, p17
The article reports on the gay sex survey in Canada. According to 35% of respondents, bars are still a popular locale for meeting men, while 22% of respondents prefer to cruise Internet dating cites and 18% prefer to search sites specifically devoted to finding sex hookups. Furthermore, 70% have...
- How Sources of Sexual Information Relate to Adolescents' Beliefs About Sex. Bleakley, Amy; Hennessy, Michael; Fishbein, Martin; Jordan, Amy // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p37
Objectives: To examine how sources of sexual information are associated with adolescents' behavioral, normative, and control beliefs about having sexual intercourse using the integrative model of behavior change. Methods Survey data from a quota sample of 459 youth. Results: The most frequently...