The essence of a team
- HUMAN RESOURCES Conference Symposia Abstracts. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2008, p1
The article presents abstracts on human resources topics which include psychological tests, executive leadership, and deviant behavior.
- Role Distancing: Differentiating the Role of the Elderly from the Person. Sayles, Marnie L. // Qualitative Sociology;Fall84, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p236
Elderly participants in an "extended care" class at a senior citizen's center were observed to determine if some of them could continually distance themselves from the "client" role. Although earlier research suggests that people can use role distancing technique to disassociate themselves...
- CONSUMER SOCIETY, DEVIANT BEHAVIOR, AND THREATS TO THE ENVIRONMENT. Demchuk, S. D. // Biosphere;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p217
The scope of the most urgent problems faced by the mankind includes, besides increasing anthropogenic load on the environment, accumulating contradictions, which result from behavioral norms lagging behind social development and often lead to deviant behaviors. Under the currently prevailing...
- The problem of reckless deviant behavior in technosphere. Demchuk, S. D. // Biosphere;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p353
A topical problem of today is different sorts of damage to nature, society and individuals because of accidents and catastrophes in the technosphere in a broad sense. These mostly occur when safety rules of operating technical facilities and other sources of high risk are violated, that is, when...
- Positive Ethical Deviance Inspired by Moral Imagination. Hartman, Laura; Wilson, Fiona; Arnold, Denis // Zeitschrift fuer Wirtschafts- und Unternehmensethik;2005, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p343
The purpose of this paper is to extend the concept of positive ethical deviancy and moral imagination to the entrepreneurial environment. We specifically explore the connection between moral imagination and positive ethical deviance in firms that, from their inception, display positive deviance...
- Personality Deviance Scales: Primary scale norms for older adults of the general population. Bedford, Alan; Fowkes, F.G.R. // Psychological Reports;Oct96, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p621
Evaluates the Personality Deviance Scales among older adults of the general population. Retrieval of the denigration of others and lack of self-confidence primary scales; Production of two new orthogonal scales of hostility and submissiveness or low self-confidence.
- Keynote Speaker. // Wire Journal International;Mar2011, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p60
The article profiles astronaut Mike Mullane, the keynote speaker for the Interwire Trade Exposition at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) in Atlanta, Georgia on May 4, 2011.
- Analyzing Multiple-Item Measures of Crime and Deviance I: Item Response Theory Scaling. Osgood, D. Wayne; McMorris, Barbara J.; Potenza, Maria T. // Journal of Quantitative Criminology;Sep2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p267
Multiple-item measures of self-reported offending typically provide the principal outcome measures for individual level research on the causes of crime and deviance. This article directs attention to the substantial problems presented by the task of forming composite scores for these measures,...
- Homeless Families and Some Organisational Determinants of Deviancy. Minns, Richard // Policy & Politics;Sep72, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the study that explains the role of the social services departments which were dealing with homelessness in London, England. Reasons were mentioned that led for the temporary and permanent housing for the homeless, including mental, marital and financial problems of...