Average used dry-freight van valued at $23,598
- Local Freight Trucking Industry (NAICS 48411). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2015, p1
Several charts on establishments, employment and sales totals for local freight trucking industry across 45 of the largest countries in the world in 2015, are presented.
- Freight Trucking Long Distance Industry (NAICS 48412). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2015, p1
Several charts on establishments, employment and sales totals for local freight trucking long distance industry across 45 of the largest countries in the world in 2015, are presented.
- FREIGHT TRUCKING LONG DISTANCE INDUSTRY (NAICS 48412). // United States Freight Trucking Long Distance Industry Report;2015, p1
Several charts are presented depicting the condition of the freight trucking long distance industry in the U.S. as of October 2014 and the industry's outlook for 2015 and 2016 including the estimated number of establishments, sales and employment.
- Freight Liability Across the Border. Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;4/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p38
The article focuses on the issue about a tariff provision that does not answer for any loss or damage on truck shipments across a state border in the U.S. Here, a freight trucking company sought advice from the author on how to protect themselves against loss or damage after the interchange at...
- What does the future hold for UK freight? // Motor Transport;9/27/2007, p21
The article focuses on a report regarding the future of the freight transport industry in Great Britain. The first scenario is described as aspirational in which the main growth will be by vans and rail. The second scenario is aimed at a steady state of carbon emissions. It sees a 10 percent...
- Returning for 2016 . . . Walton, Christopher; Pink, Hayley // Motor Transport;10/17/2016, p24
The article offers information on the Freight in the City Expo to be held in London, England on November 2.
- FTR's Trucking Conditions Index hits highest level of 2015. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;8/19/2015, p1
The article reports on a significant growth of profits in goods transportation industry in 2015 according to the freight transportation consultancy FTR's Trucking Conditions Index (TCI). Topics discussed include views of FTR's director of transportation analysis Jonathan Starks on stability of...
- Striking the balance. Wight, Ashleigh // Commercial Motor;11/8/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5509, p18
The article looks into alternative strategies for Scottish truck operators in increasing their backload. The author mentions that operators have started joining pallet networks to increase their backload rates and fight the freight flow imbalance. He adds that diversifying backloads is the most...
- Wholesale vs. retail. Brady, Timothy // Fleet Owner;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p66
The article discusses if wholesale freight or brokered freight is a good way to do business for fleet operators. Topics include the multiple variables that determine the highest rate possible including location and type of freight, the difficulty of hauling all retail rate loads due to the need...